Chapter five

Chapter five

A Chapter by Danielle
"

It's only her first day at the Home, and Cassidy makes herself known to everyone.

"

Chapter six

 

“Cassidy, I’m sorry about what happened with Tristan today.” Clare said as she walked me down a hall with many doors; all bedrooms for vampires like me.  The Home had separate dorms for the advanced and newbie vampires.  I was on the first floor of the newbie hall. While we were walking towards my dorm, Tristan parted with us to go hunting.  I don’t blame him, after I attacked him in Clare’s office; I wouldn’t want to be around me either.  Clare also described the layout of the Home and gave me a map.  It wasn’t that hard to follow.  First floor was where every newbie trained and the advanced had entertainment.  There were also multiple counseling offices for when the vampires needed help with blood or violence. The second and third floors were the newbie dorms, while the fourth and fifth floors were advanced dorms.

“You’re a newbie; he should’ve watched his mouth.  He does get an attitude around newbies so beware.” Clare stopped at a white door with a stubby brass handle.  She opened the door into a small light blue room.  I stepped inside and examined my new quarters.  The room didn’t have much furniture in it.  A black framed bed with white sheets sat parallel from a white dresser.  “You can decorate it with any posters or bedding you want.  You just can’t change the walls unfortunately; we need the rooms for when vampires leave us.” I nodded and sat down on the bed.  It was very comfortable, must be a Tempupedic. 

“What am I going to do about clothes?” I realized my only possessions right now were my basketball sweat pants and uniform. 

“I can take you shopping tomorrow if you want, after your training and after you feed.  You can borrow some of mine so you don’t have to wear those disgusting clothes anymore.” Clare came over and sat next to me on the bed. “Cassidy, I must warn you.  Tristan hasn’t fed in a while, and he is very violent and unpredictable when he’s hungry.  That’s why he called you a leach today in my office; he needs blood to stabilize his mind.  I guess you could say he becomes bipolar when he hasn’t eaten.” What Clare had said explained a lot; why he had snapped at me in the office, why he seemed pissed when he had to give up his meal.  I hope he calms down by tomorrow, so I don’t have to train with a grump. 

“There’s some pajamas in the dresser if you want to wear those,” Clare said “There’s also some lady products in the top drawer for you.  Yes vampires still have them.” I laughed at the last thing she said before she walked out the door and left me to my peace.  My room had my own bathroom so don’t have to share with anyone I don’t know.  I jumped off the bed and over to the dresser to see the pajamas I was left with.  I had to look through almost every drawer before I found them (Clare wasn’t kidding about there being lady products, I had enough to last me the rest of my life!)

When I looked at myself in the mirror in the bathroom, I shuddered at myself.  I realized I hadn’t showered in forever.  To revive my hair I started a shower.  Fortunately there were already shampoo, conditioner, and body wash in there so I wouldn’t have to scrounge for some. The hot water felt relieving against my cool skin.  As I sat in the shower, I thought about Tristan.  I envisioned him bursting through the door, apologizing for his erratic behavior earlier, sweeping me in his arms, and kissing me with the most passionate kiss imaginable, admitting the same feelings I had for him.  I knew none of it was coming true, especially the part about him apologizing and kissing me. 

I sat in the shower for a long time, replaying the episode in Clare’s office over and over, trying to make myself believe it wasn’t Tristan, it had been his hunger taking over him, he couldn’t think, but the more I thought about it, the more I wanted to bash his head in.  Oh no, the anger again.  Maybe I should just stop thinking about Tristan, to save Clare from having to buy a new mirror.  I turned off the water and dried myself off with one the black towels underneath the sink.   I started brushing my hair, noticing the instant shine replenished to the dark black.

I slid on the comfortable pajamas Clare left in the dresser and laid down underneath the covers of the bed.  I tossed and turned for about an hour, trying desperately to get some sleep, but it just wasn’t happening.  I threw the covers off of me and walked out the door.  Some exploring never hurt anyone.  The lights were all still on in the hallway and I could hear some conversation between vampires in other rooms.

“What are you doing here?” an annoyed but familiar voice asked.  I turned around and saw Keagen leaning against the frame of a door I just passed.  “You’re pretty boy Tristan isn’t on this floor, and only a stupid newbie would even think of going up to the advanced dorms.” he sneered.  I don’t see why he hated me; I’ve done nothing to him. 

“I’m just looking around; I don’t even want to see Tristan.” That last part was a lie of course, but Keagen obviously didn’t know that. 

“Curiosity killed the cat, you know that right? You might be a little play toy for some of the older newbies, or for some, a new practice dummy.”

“Keagen why do you hate me so much?” He stiffened up and crossed his arms over his chest.

“Cassidy, it’s not you I hate, it’s Tristan.  He and I go way back.”

“But he’s only 17, and you’re like, 20.”

“Okay, maybe not that far back, but still, I have a reason to hold a grudge over him.  He killed my little sister right in front of me.  Three months ago, she was only nine, and then right after, he changed me.” Keagen stepped towards me, trapping me between the wall and a small decorative table in the hallway. 

“What does that have to do with me?” It was a good reason to hate Tristan, but not a very good one for why to hate me.

“Because, you’re training with him, he changed you, you’re hunting with him, and pretty soon you’re going to become him!  I don’t know about you, but I won’t be able to stand having another Tristan around, which is why I pray he won’t f**k anyone while he’s here, who needs another one of those monsters.” I couldn’t help but chuckle at the last part.  Keagen noted my laughter and an even angrier expression was plastered on his face.  Damn newbie anger issues.  Keagen was obviously going to be considered an advanced vampire soon; he said he was changed three months ago.

“Do you think my hatred toward someone his funny?” He yelled at me.  His hands clamped onto the sides of me arms and his grip was so strong I could’ve sworn he could rip my arms off.  “Cassidy, do you want to know what happens when a vampire gets so pissed off they bite another vampire?” I was shaking from how scared I was.  Keagen was like dynamite about to explode.  “The bitten vampire dies.” His fangs came racing for my neck.

I slid to the ground to avoid the lethal bite.  Keagen growled and grabbed my ankle.  He ripped me off the ground and threw me down the hall.  My body smashed into the wall with a loud thud.  Before I could shake of the daze from landing, Keagen was standing over me.  He had his arms pressed against the wall, trapping me in between them.  I stared at Keagen’s legs as he growled again.  If girls still had their periods, guys were still probably sensitive.  In a flash my foot rammed into his golden spot.  Keagen yelled in pain and collapsed on the ground.  I scrambled myself up and sprinted back toward the other end of the hall.  I began to wonder why no other vampires were coming out of their rooms to see what the hell was going on.

I turned around to see if Keagen was still down, but just as fast as he went down, he was right back up again chasing after me.  I figured my only safe option was to go down to Clare’s office.  I jumped onto the railing of the stairs and slid down; taking each step one by one would take too long.  Keagen was right behind me and collided into me at the bottom of the railing.  I needed to lose Keagen before I could safely make it to Clare’s office.  I ran through the pool hall to the right of the stairs.  I ran right over top of the pool table (once again, no vampires in sight.) Keagen ran around the table and was at the end before I was.  I kicked him in the face as I landed on the ground.  Keagen grabbed onto my pants and pulled me down on the floor.  I slid the pants off so I could get away from Keagen faster.

“Cassidy! We can’t have another Tristan! I will kill you!” Keagen screamed as he chased me into the living room.  Keagen got a hold of my hair and threw me down by the fireplace wood.  My hand fell on top of the axe used to chop the wood outside.  I picked it up and grabbed onto it with both hand.  As Keagen dove in for another bite, I swung the axe, aiming at his neck.  The blade made contact with the side of his neck and stopped about half way through.  Keagen screamed in pain and collapsed on the ground.  I took another swing with the axe and this time it went all the way through.

Blood spilled from Keagen’s neck and was creating a massive puddle on the light wood floor.  I gasped in shock and dropped the axe on the ground.  I heard running footsteps coming from the hallway.  I was relieved to see Clare standing at the archway.

“Cassidy, what happened?” I broke into tears.



© 2010 Danielle


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
Added on August 30, 2010
Last Updated on August 30, 2010


Author

Danielle
Danielle

A city in a place in a country



About
Heyheyhey!! I have a few books out right now so check 'em out!!! For all of those who want to know, I started writting January 28th, 2009, so I'm fairly new. I love writting fantasy and romamce bo.. more..

Writing
Chapter one Chapter one

A Chapter by Danielle


Chapter two Chapter two

A Chapter by Danielle


Chapter three Chapter three

A Chapter by Danielle