Welcome

Welcome

A Chapter by Laurwal

i know that this is specifically a learning experience but I hope there's not that much learning involved. I hope as I walk down the narrow path to camp. Ughh, why did I bring so much luggage? I'm only here for three weeks. Okay, maybe only is an understatement but I should've just taken one big bag. That bag might actually have to be slightly bigger than me but... Finally a light shown at the end of the path showing where the trail ends and my summer begins. I rush forward, as fast as a 5"2 girl with three giant bags can and i break through the trees. The first thing I see is the sparkling lake. On the shore is a lot of sand making it a mini beach. It even had a volleyball net. Next to the beach there were cabins. A lot of cabins scattered all over. By the beach there was a small fire pit with giant logs bordering it that must be where we sit. There are a lot of teens walking around the camp. Some of them still have their bags and are walking towards cabins. I look around for the head administrative cabin but see a short girl with bright orange hair cut into a bob talking to someone with bags. The boy she is talking to is tall with bright green eyes that I can catch from here and short brown hair that stuck up in some places. He nodded as she pointed a certain way and turned. His eyes flashed to me and caught contact with my eyes. I bite my lower lip embarrassed for staring but he just turns and start walking. The redheaded girl has on a white cream colored polo with a whistle, a clipboard and cargo shorts. She must be the instructor. She turns to me as she noticed the boy had looked at me and rushes towards me wearing a huge bright smile.
"Hi! I'm Callie! Your camp instructor? I'm here to make everything go in order? Now can you tell me you name so i can tell you what cabin you belong too?" She made every sentence sound like a rhetorical question but i knew i had to answer the last one.
"I'm-uh-" I swallow "-Sophie Grant." She flashed me her giant smile again then scanned her clipboard. 
"Ohhh, that's a nice name? You are with these two girls? That you will absoultly looove? Lewia and Molly? Right that way? You're cabin hopscotch? Okayyy?"
"Hopscotch? The cabins have names?" I laugh and return her giant questioning eyes and I notice her giant smile has turned to a disapproving one so I decide to get back on subject. "Yeah, I'll take you word for it. Thank you!" I say waiting for her to react. Her giant smile returns and she give one quick wave then turns to another girl who just walked onto campus. I hurry around look for cabin "hopscotch" and finally find it. The cabin closest to the water. I smile happily but when I walk in I can't help but frown that one of our windows is facing the dark woods. I look around the cabin to see where I'm going to spend the next three weeks. The walls are all white and modern but the floor is wood planks. Over the wood planks is a large pink area rug in the shape of a circle. On the far wall is a full size bed with white sheets and a huge fluffy comforter. I guess my roomies already got here. I see a pink duffel bag on the floor next to the bed and that means the bearu next to that bed is full. I look to the other walls. There are some posters up. A few male models I've never heard of and some insperational words. On both of the other walls are full size beds too. These have white sheets as well but A quilt instead of a comforter. On one of the bed side tables there is a picture of a girl a blonde girl with a boy on either side of her. Their arms are both around her and they are all smiling. They all look slightly alike so they must be siblings. I turn to the remaining bed which had a bulliten board above The two pillows that lean against the wall. It's an old bulliten board and the other girls must have taken theirs down because it looked a little trashy but I didn't care. Being a born tomboy/rebel I drop my bags at the foot of the bed and pull a bunch of pictures from one of the pockets of big suitcases I brought. I climb onto the bed and pin them so the board. I smile as I have a clear memory of everyone from my home now. My friends and family all are laughing or smiling or doing something crazy in every photo. I sit on the bed and look at my bedside table. It's old and wooden like the girl with the blonde hair. The other bed, the one with the fancy comforter didn't have a bedside table. She did have some kind of shiny silver shelf that a few books rested on. This girl must have a lot of money. Suddenly two girls walk in. They pause when they see me. my room mates? One of the girls is the blonde girl from the photo. She is slightly tanned now and her blonde hair runs down her back. She's wearing a blue tank top and a white skirt that looks like a skirt a cheerleader would wear. Her blonde hair is pulled from her face in a light blue headband that matched her shirt. The other girl has brown hair and dark green/gray eyes. Her skin was tan like she had just gotten back from flordia. They both stare at me alarmed. I brush one hand through my black hair and flash them my brown eyes.
"Hi... I'm Sophie." They both sigh relieved.
"I'm Lewia." The blonde one says sitting on the foot of my bed. She smiled, not a giant fake one like Callie but a genuine one.
"I'm Molly." The other girl waves and gives a shy smile. 
"I guess we are going to be room mates." I say shrugging.
"Yeah! This is going to be so fun! Molly and I have to show you around camp! It's so cool! There's so much stuff to do! What are you here for?" Lewia talked a thousand miles a second and it was hard for me to keep up. i lick my lips and nod as the question registers.
"Art, writing and swimming. I'm trying to get some credits for college." I say slowley. Molly brightens and sits on the bed next to Lewia.
"I'm taking Art too,and swimming with sewing." She smiles brightly.
"That's so funny! I'm taking art and swimming! But that's it, I'm here mostly for fun since I have plenty of credits for college." I smile at my room mates, I know that they are friendly. Hopefully everyone here is.
 


© 2012 Laurwal


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow, this is an awesome chapter! :) I love it! Your descriptions are fantastic without being overbearing. You have painted a full picture of the story in my mind. Amazing! I simply cannot wait to read more! Let me know when you update! :)
~Rae Emeral

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

90 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 31, 2012
Last Updated on March 31, 2012


Author

Laurwal
Laurwal

Writing
Smokey Cab Smokey Cab

A Chapter by Laurwal


Silence Silence

A Book by Laurwal