The Fall Chapter 1

The Fall Chapter 1

A Chapter by Leafy

Alex White climbed up the fortieth floor windowsill and prepared to end it all. From here, his life would be over in approximately six seconds. Adrenaline rushes through him as he climbs from the window to the landing of the building. In a split second, he steps out. Free-falling he has nowhere to go but the pavement five hundred feet below him. What Alex isn’t prepared for is the annoyance of the buzzing from his phone. Having nothing but mere seconds to check it, he whips out the phone to see a phone call from Shelby Desnoyers. Thoughts rush through White’s head, and like an epiphany, he recounts every last event he’s ever had with Shelby, starting from the beginning...

A young Alex, only a slim one-hundred forty-six pounds at 6’2”, awkwardly walks to his first day at Tomlinson High School in Maybech, Colorado. He’s fourteen years old, and the walk isn’t far for him. He strolls down the sidewalk on a mild summer morning, unprepared for what to expect on his first day. Maybech was new to him, he’d lived in Massachusetts nearly his whole life, and when his family decided to up and move, he was devastated. He left behind tons of friends, and a girlfriend he’d claim for a while was his first love. 

He walked through the intimidating glass doors and headed to his first class. Alex was a smart kid, and his schedule showed that. He was the first person to enter his honors english class. This was reassuring to him, because he knew that he knew no one, and was relieved to not have to encounter the cliques that will soon form as people walk through the door to see familiar Maybech faces. Slowly, the kids started filling the seats, no one bothering to say hello to the gawky new boy sitting in the corner. 

Mr. Peter Reed walked through the door to teach his new freshman. He was young, polished, and tall. Everything you would expect “tall, dark, and handsome” would be. He had a friendly face though, and Alex instantly liked him. he knew he would try hard in this class, writing was his dream. However, a curvy, shy looking distraction walked through the door just as the bell rang. She took the last seat behind Alex and sighed. Just another year for her with the same people, he assumed. She wasn’t anything Alex took note of on that first day. she had thin blonde hair, and curves for days on her petite 5’3” figure. 

Mr. Reed had each student do the one thing they hated most, introduce themselves to the class. He found it entertaining for himself, but the students dreaded getting up in front of people they have already known for years and talking about themselves. It was a slow process, with twenty-six kids in the class. Alex’s palms began to sweat as the students sat down one by one after telling their story. He didn’t retain much information about anyone, but listened closely as the girl who sat in front of him stood to introduce herself. Her name was Shelby, and her dream was to be a writer. She had more to say, but Alex tuned her out as he readied himself to stand in front of this room full of strangers. 

He stood there and stated his full name to the room of eager faces. Alexander Dimitri White. Nobody knew this boy, so the curiosity raged through each student as he stood there petrified, thinking of what to say. He told them he enjoyed anything involving engineering, and told the class he loved physics and things science related. The self-proclaimed jocks all scoffed at the new nerd they had to pick on. He quietly sat down as he regretted telling the truth about himself. He knew he could have lied and became any person he wanted to be at this new school, in this new town, but he chose to “keep it real” as his friends back home would tell him. He was automatically singled out, and from here, he knew it would be a tough four years. He found his way around pretty easy, which was a relief to him, since the last thing he really wanted to do was to ask anyone for directions. He labeled himself as a reject at this point, and it was only 8:45 in the morning. He walked to his last class before lunch; it was a class for freshman only, but he still dreaded being anywhere near the students he soon found were very judgmental. They whispered about everything from his floppy long hair, to his thin frame, and even the way he dressed. 

He figured this class would be no different, just full of unfamiliar faces looking to talk about him some more. He noticed a familiar face walk in the class though, and silently wished she would sit near him again so he could strike up a conversation with her. He wasn’t exactly attracted to her, but she seemed like a friendly face to talk to. She sat down next to him, and this time introduced herself to just him, and not the entire class. 

Shelby Desnoyers was more than just a curvy writer, she wanted to do well in school, but she quietly admitted to Alex that she gets caught up in the drama easily. A tall, beautiful girl soon walked in after the conversation ended and sat next to Shelby. She as well introduced herself to Alex as Anastasia, and he was completely smitten by her. 



© 2013 Leafy


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Interesting, paints a vivid picture. Hopefully Shelby's call isn't to say I'm sorry let's get together and work things out. That would be cruel.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
1 Review
Added on January 3, 2013
Last Updated on January 3, 2013


Author

Leafy
Leafy

MA



About
more..

Writing
temporary fix temporary fix

A Poem by Leafy


bearer bearer

A Poem by Leafy