Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by Annabeth
"

For Every Love Needs a Friend

"
Chapter 1
Perfect, that was what Red Willow High thought about their running team. They had won states for the past twelve years, what's not perfect about that? Perfect for Red Willow High has changed though, from perfect to horrible. The two girls who had been quarreling for the past year have changed everything

Allison Chavez was a graduate from River Run Academy for the gifted. She ran,swam,weight lifted,and rode competitively all the time when she wash't in class. Allie loved running more than anything at River Run so doing just that sounded so perfect to her that it was kinda creepy. Her love for running was so big that she actually decided to take on the best runner in the school, Annabella Chase, it was a wrong turn for Allison and the running team. Little did they know that Allison had just changed the fate of their team...forever.

Allison's long strides were very short next to Annabella's even longer ones. As they raced Allison huffed and pushed herself to where she would usually fall to the ground. She was just on the tail of Annabella's large feet but right when she was there her step faltered and she almost fell-the reason, a small hole in the ground she hadn't noticed quite yet. With the advantage at hand Annabella continued on,nearing the end. Allison was just fighting to catch up to her again. That slight step had changed everything for her as she used her left foot to push of the ground as she used her other for only her steps. Her right ankle felt like it might shoot out pain sparks but she continued on. Oddly enough instead of losing Allison was catching up quick and Annabella slowing to almost a walk. With in only seconds Allison had pasted her,almost to the finish. Annabella speed up though and with her ankle conditions there was no catching up to her again even if she did sprint. She past the finish only half a second after Annabella had.

Allison could hear Annabella whooping and laughing as she looked at her with sad grey eyes. Allison was only in 9th grade and Annabella in 12th,  what made her think she could beat her? With a final "Good race." she sped off to her dorm,flung open the door,walked in,slammed the door, stormed to her bed,and flopped down. For the first time in many years Allison cried about a race,tears streamed down her thin fox like face,making her brown hair stick to it. She had just ruined her reputation completely. 'I'm so stupid,thinking I could beat someone like Annabella' she thought as her tears lessened. She finally got up and soaked a towel in cold water. As soon as it had soaked she wrapped it around her ankle so the pain would numb a little.
 ...
A while later her dorm buddy,soaking wet walked through the door to find Allison sitting on the couch reading a book. "Hello." she said cheerfully to Allison, "How are you?" 
"In pain,thank you." Allison said gloomily.
"Why?"
"I just like ruined my reputation,Annabella raced me today and I faltered in a ditch. I hurt my ankle bad,not to mention that I lost too."
Giving her a wet hug,Elizabeth smiled, "I'm always here,well mostly the pool but you know. Your reputation is fine,I promise."Allison was unsure as she thought for a moment but decided to go with her. "OK maybe I was over reacting a little,but just a little."
Smile still on her face she sat down next to her and grabbed her phone off of the coffee table. For a few minutes they just sat there reading and texting. Allison finally brought up the idea of food. Elizabeth snapped to attention,already up. She said, I like food and I am very hungry." Both girls were at the door of the cafeteria in ten minutes. They opened it up and grabbed a tray. That night's dish was fish and chips,luckily they were about the only ones in line so they could get food. The staff working behind the counter served them quickly and piled their plates.

Allison and Elizabeth sat in a booth at the corner of the room. They dug into the fish first and to savor the taste the chips last. Just as they were about finished Annabella rounded the corner,hoping that she wouldn't see them Elizabeth grabbed Allison. It was to late as Annabella had already seen them clearly. "Looky looky if it isn't Miss Chavez."she laughed with her friends. Allison got up with Elizabeth,they both walked briskly out the door back to the dorm. Elizabeth huffed "I really don't like her."
"Nor I" They opened the dorm door quietly and clicked it shut."I'm going to bed."Allison said while brushing her teeth in the bathroom. As she finished that she put on her penguin pjs and flung her self onto her bed. She closed her eyes and fell into a deep deep sleep.


© 2013 Annabeth


Author's Note

Annabeth
What do you think?That's all I have to ask.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think its good so far and I would like to know if you have other chapters? The title really drew me in an caught my interest. Every love needs a friend, indeed.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Annabeth

10 Years Ago

I think that I will in a couple weeks. If I get time at camp I will try to do another chapter.Thank .. read more
OBWhiteHawk

10 Years Ago

Awesome. Enjoy.
Annabeth

10 Years Ago

I'll find a time to do it though.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 30, 2013
Last Updated on May 30, 2013


Author

Annabeth
Annabeth

About
Hey!I prefer not to us my real name so I choose the name of a Percy Jackson charater!I love Percy Jackson and Missy Franklin!Missy is my hero and I swim competitively every day!Swimming is my sport an.. more..

Writing
Brave Brave

A Poem by Annabeth