10/03/10

10/03/10

A Poem by sea lily

i painted you on a postcard
and sent you away
to be handled by the gruff men
who deliver the mail.
in the city
seventy starlings
made their headlong flight
into the cold concrete
of the paving stones
the impact smashed their tiny beaks
crushed their fragile little bones.
you came back to me
with a dent in your heart
lost and alone.
i am a fool--
and i gave you a home.

© 2010 sea lily


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very stark imagery conveyed through this piece indeed. Somehow cryptic and gloomy, yet so sentimental. Tim Burton would surely love it too!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I have re-read this three times, trying to soak in the imagery..this is such a good write, and it seems rather sad and lonely...I think Im going to have to re-read this one yet again, and I bet I'll have a different view upon it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


So much said, a masterpiece, a tragedy .. no fool with words, my friend.

Posted 13 Years Ago


this is SO good !

Posted 13 Years Ago


I love the mystery of this. I love the imagery and the feelings evoked from this creative poem. It is just the sort of poetry I like. it makes me wonder and think. Great work!

Posted 13 Years Ago


oh wow, what a nice surprise this morning.

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Lia
Oh my, what a beautiful poem. You show so many images with some many ways in which it can be taken. I love how it returns to you. Great!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


True love is so precious and yet, we sometimes need to set it free to see if it will return, to see if it really is meant to be. This hurts and we ache, yearn and wait for it to come back. But when that love finally returns, it's not the same as it used to be...it may be battered, bruised and broken by its journey yet, we gladly open our arms, hearts, receive it back , give it a home once more because we still want, we still need, we stil love - unconditionally...

Such a deep, thought provoking write with vivid imagery and stunning metaphors ...brilliant job SL! :-)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Better, and you let the reader draw meaning rather than lead the reader to the conclusion.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1393 Views
42 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 8 Libraries
Added on March 10, 2010
Last Updated on March 10, 2010

Author

sea lily
sea lily

United Kingdom



About
I'm growing out my hair Like it was when I was single It was longer than I'd known you I had no money then I had no worries then at all But with such a high standard of living. more..

Writing
Postpartum Postpartum

A Poem by sea lily



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Touch Touch

A Poem by Robin


Spiral Spiral

A Poem by Robin