Irelia

Irelia

A Story by BlackRomeo
"

A short elven Folks Tale I came up with. it was inspired by The inheritance cycle by Christopher Paolini.

"
There once was an Elf by the name Irelia who lived amongst a small Human Village instead of the within the great elven Forests. She grew to love the humans she lived amongst. She loved to watch the kids play under the stars on warm summer nights.
It amazed her how little these people had but yet they were happier than most noble men. The humans had no objections with an elf residing within their Village. Some thought better of it than others but they could not object for it was Irelia who loved this village most out of all of it's town folk. She took care of the flowers and crops in spring after harsh winters crawled through the lands. If it weren't for her the village would have had to become dependent on bigger cities for provisions but somehow even the plants liked Irelia, some say she used magic on the soil but no one cared since everyday they had plenty to eat.

She lived amongst them for many many years but one particular warm spring parts of the country waged war against their King. The village came under attack from a small royal battalion of foolish men. They pulled all of the Towns folk out of their homes, innocent Men, Women and Children were all gathered within the towns centre no one was spared not the pregnant nor the new born. The soldiers were under orders to make an example of people who defied their King and out of foolishness and laziness had just picked an innocent village.

Irelia was out on the fields as she saw smoke rising from the village centre. She hasted toward the village hoping it was just a small fire but as she reached the outskirts she saw that most of the village buildings were set ablaze.
As Irelia rushed through the town desperately looking for signs of life she got closer and closer towards the towns centre.

Irelia wailed in pain as she saw the slaughtered villagers in the towns centre. It was said that Irelia cried for many days on without sleep nor food. She was never seen again they say she wasn't amongst the bodies buried by the near by village it was like she vanished without a trace and with her the fruitful soil. Nothing grew on the soil around the village ever since that dreadful day.

© 2015 BlackRomeo


Author's Note

BlackRomeo
I know this isn't great and the structure/development is quite weak. feedback is always Welcome

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

206 Views
Added on April 6, 2014
Last Updated on September 2, 2015
Tags: elf, folks tale, folks, tale, short, story, elven, Irelia, medieval, fantasy, fiction

Author

BlackRomeo
BlackRomeo

Berlin , Brandenburg , Germany



About
The name is Romeo, this profile is a collection of all of my thoughts in poetic form. When I write i like to focus on exactly how I feel at that time and turn that feeling into words, and those word.. more..

Writing
06:23 AM 06:23 AM

A Poem by BlackRomeo