Chapter: 8- The Power of doing Good Deeds.

Chapter: 8- The Power of doing Good Deeds.

A Chapter by Lesther Ruiz
"

Read and learn why having an open mind and 'yes' attitude towards helping others can benefit you and change you.

"

Always believe in the power of doing good deeds.

As they will accumulate for you and in return you will be given health and riches; Not only monetarily but in many different ways, for is rich not he who has the most money but he who spends his time wisely looking out for others. Avoid judging people and their intentions just do a good deed. Learn the true meaning of happiness and even if you are poor you will be rich.

I have been living in Taiwan for a while now.
Writing From Taiwan: Not so long ago I used to own a computer repair shop in Miami FL.

I would see people go and come all day long with different needs; computer problems etc. This was very common for me. Many of which would come to sell their electronics, computers, laptops, Tv sets. The job of any business man is to haggle the price and so I did and I was proud when I could get an electronic that would normally costs hundreds for the very low. But the events that took place on this particular day would later change my life and mind as business man and person.

Before the closing time I was sitting counting the money I had earned for the day and trying to figure out if I had enough to cover my bills. When I saw a Cuban family coming by I saw their reflection in my Glass Display from the far corner of my office, walking towards my store and chatting in Cuban-Spanish. I was the last store open, so I knew this could just be my last opportunity to make a little extra before closing for the night.

Upon entering my store they gathered around me and happily greeted me like we are friends who haven’t seen for a long time, just the charisma that characterize Cubans in general. Tell told me they have flat-Screen Latest Model TV they are trying to get rid of I demanded to see the TV. The young man had only one objection that the TV was too big and they do not have a car to move it. They told me their apartment was closed by I was in need of a good deal myself so I decided to go and check it out.

After adding all my debts for the months I came out with $300 US dollars left. After working from sunrise to sunset that was very disappointing for me. I already knew in my mind whatever price they wanted I could only afford the $300 US dollars; nonetheless I went on my way to their house with my business partner at that time, who is also my brother.

Upon arriving at their Not so upscale apartment I saw the little girl sitting on the floor watching the 60” Inch Flat Screen TV. The TV looked magnificent I gave my brother the look, he knew I felt in love with that TV since I first stepped foot into the apartment. My first thought was that I could buy the TV for the $300 USD and resell the next day for much more than that therefore fixing my week of work. But I kept looking and they didn't have any other TV, and something just hit me.

They were not selling that TV set because they got tired of it and wanted a newer model but because they needed the money for something so I stopped for a while and let them talk. They explained to me how they have been expatriated from their natal country Cuba, without any assistance from their relatives who lives In Miami, and told me about all the others electronics such as laptops, I Phones and Tablets they had to let go to cover the day care and food for the little girl. The woman working as a cleaning lady would try to eat at work and bring food for her little one, the man working in construction on and off.

It shrunk my heart and my stomach because as an immigrant myself I had been through so much tribulations and ordeals throughout my life. Sometimes walking miles from home to school and back, my mother had to work and couldn't pick me up. It reminded me of so many harsh things I had forgotten because I had worked so hard to bypass those times.

The mothers started crying it was painful that their own family would not be there to lend a helping hand even after knowing there is a little child with them. I couldn't resist following my heart. I could have never moved on with my life had I taken the TV set. I took my wallet and hand it the $300 US dollars to the young dad, and he said disconnect the TV honey. I said no my friend this is for you and you can keep your TV, besides the little girl is watching cartoons let’s not intrude.

He gently smiled and softly cried and shook my hand and blessed me. I don’t know to this day who was more blessed. I went back to my car with my brother and told him. I couldn't do it and he said it was the right thing to do. The next morning around 12:pm I got the mail opened one letter and there was $330 Dollars Check from a large company for which I had work 5 years ago. They stated in the check that the money was left from one of my bonuses and I never retired it.

I said come on! Really and looked at the sky and said god you didn't have to give me back that money I did it with my heart but thank you for your immense love… If you believe god will return double what you do to others and in many different ways say AMEN… He even gave me $30 extra I guess for the Gas.



© 2014 Lesther Ruiz


Author's Note

Lesther Ruiz
Have faith, do not judge people on their intentions just do a good deed.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

45 Views
Added on August 16, 2014
Last Updated on August 16, 2014
Tags: Helping other, reciprocity


Author

Lesther Ruiz
Lesther Ruiz

Miami Fl, FL



About
Love to travel, writing, spending time with friends and family.. Eating out, hiking, I want to write my first book and publish it, I want to write a story about my life and make a movie.. I used to wr.. more..

Writing