Mathematical Intuitionism and the problem concerning atheistic hypothesis

Mathematical Intuitionism and the problem concerning atheistic hypothesis

A Chapter by Luis Felipe Haller
"

In mathematics a proposition might be either true or false. That is the axiom of bi-valence established by Aristotle in his studies of logic.

"

Mathematical Intuitionism and the problem concerning atheistic hypothesis


In mathematics a proposition might be either true or false. That is the axiom of bi-valence established by Aristotle in his studies of logic. The other axiom is the axiom of the excluded middle that excludes any half true or falsehood. The direct implication to this axioms is that once a proposition was proven to be false its contradictory proposition is taken for granted without any formal proof.


The whole body of mathematics was based for centuries in those two axioms. However, some mathematicians started to question this automatic exclusion of the negative proposition. They say that to prove just one proposition merely states the contradictory argument that has to be proven as well.


Atheists and Theists only states their proposition one as the contradictory of one another. Whilst the former denies the existence of a God, the later affirms her existence. The problem is that religious experience is intuitive and a formal yes or no always leads to a great quantity of invalid empirical arguments that goes nowhere.


In the case of Intuitionist way of thinking, mathematical analysis is used to build the propositions. The propositions are associated with a Cauchy sequence that either converges of diverges given the answer required. In simple terms a set of numbers represents a series of yes or no questions that has to be true for each element otherwise the sequence goes to infinity.


Now, a theist argument would consist only on proving that there's a being that is no God. Well, I cat is not a God so there should be a God somewhere else in the Universe. The contradictory is a harder task. You must prove that every being is a God, which is virtually impossible.


In short an atheist is on a weaker position, as the theistic could at least





© 2016 Luis Felipe Haller


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
Added on October 1, 2016
Last Updated on October 1, 2016
Tags: Mathematics, Intuitionism, problem, atheistic, hypothesis


Author

Luis Felipe Haller
Luis Felipe Haller

Brasília, Distrito Federal, Brazil



About
I'm a young Brazilian writer. I'm currently writing a novel called A Solidão das Estrelas. My style sometimes resembles Proust, sometimes Kafka, sometimes Eça de Queirós. Well It .. more..

Writing