Water & Fire We Were.

Water & Fire We Were.

A Poem by Omar
"

This poem is about love that was used against the one in need of it. (The Kettle = My Love). It also emulates the the corrosive property of a beautiful thing known as love.

"

Opposite in nature we were, I defaulted against natural order by falling for an element I could never coexist with in harmony. From separate worlds we were, so close yet so far apart.


I, the water in the kettle and you were the warm glow of fire beneath my beautiful entrapment. Greatly comforted by the warm grace of your fiery embrace yet, destined for an unpleasant departing were we for as you grew glorious in your lust, the heat which comforted my liquid soul was the very force which led me astray from you, for rapidly I became nothing but a transgressed vapor which has left your touch  unwillingly. By law of opposites we attracted yet the desired outcome was grossly averted for you, the fire, did not require me however, I needed you in order to remain warm. Never allowing me close enough to see your soul for fear that I may extinguish your fragile burning ember although you knew for certain that your flame was treasured more dearly by me that my solvent soul, I vowed, I would sacrifice myself before hurting you. Distrustfully you made certain that happening could never occur and used my kettle against me by burning so scorchingly bright with lust, I evaporated.


Now a vapor, I recall you as a memory of, not hurt but of a time, the only time I ever truly experienced love, I fear I may never again know that kind of soul devoting, gut fluttering, heart exploding, brain-dead kind of love,1446c2b4e966a5d4c9da86678b3f9262 ever again..

© 2016 Omar


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
Added on March 29, 2016
Last Updated on March 30, 2016
Tags: love, fire, water, emotion, desire, betrayal, trust

Author

Omar
Omar

Cape Town, Southern Suburbs, South Africa



About
I'm a young, ambitious human in a world full of possibilities. I believe that life is what you will it (Seek and ye shall find). My poetry I have written are reflections of my truth and my perception.. more..

Writing
Fragmented Fragmented

A Poem by Omar