You Had All Of Me.

You Had All Of Me.

A Poem by Omar
"

A tale of love had, endured and lost.

"

I've dreamt of you again. 

You've been haunting my dreams more often lately. I cannot help but miss you, especially when in those dreams you smile so benevolently and caress me with your electrifying touch.

Although I am no longer afflicted by you, I cannot deny that I will always love you. When you gaze into my eyes and touch me, I feel it in my soul as your smile and giggles cause my heart to erupt, I only wish it were more than just a ghostly figment.

I miss you, I will miss you forever and I wonder if you think of me too, I sometimes feel you even when we're so far torn apart for our souls are irrevocably tethered.

A fatal kiss of the lips, a scorching touch like the sun, feelings of galactic collisions, we were never meant to last for as I numbed my pain you promised yourself to another however, I could never forget those sweet dew drops which cascaded your lips ever so gracefully, penetrated my ears and infected my heart, those seemingly simple three dew drops that held within them the universe.

I once requested your everlasting presence to which you  swore to uphold yet, when I look around you're nowhere to be found. Memories of our days abush me at every corner and it still hurts though I've learnt to abscond them.

I still feel you calling out to me, your soul reaching out for mine as I mend the final pieces of the heart you broke. You're no longer a reality but rather a collection of memories of what used to be in a life past, A life where I was paradoxically happily in love yet miserable.

I guess we we will always yearn for that which we cannot have although, you had me,


2420104746_735aac4724_mYou had all of me.

© 2016 Omar


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

267 Views
Added on May 19, 2016
Last Updated on May 19, 2016
Tags: love, all, me, dream, affliction, promise, longing, yearning, pain, numb, wonder, past

Author

Omar
Omar

Cape Town, Southern Suburbs, South Africa



About
I'm a young, ambitious human in a world full of possibilities. I believe that life is what you will it (Seek and ye shall find). My poetry I have written are reflections of my truth and my perception.. more..

Writing
Fragmented Fragmented

A Poem by Omar