Mother.

Mother.

A Poem by Omar
"

This poem is a description of my relationship with my Mother and having gone through suffering with her.

"

Calling out silently to my Mother I once knew as home, when thunder struck and my world came crashing down around me, the only source of comfort was Mother's loving embrace, home. Until a time came that Mother became cold clay and home was lost.

Left to face the world standing on two little feet, having to leave Her embrace so young. Mother I was not ready for this life , to grow tall and wise so fast.

Calling out in the darkness, crying, longing deep within for my Mother, I needed to be held as I once was, to feel her love flowing freely and benevolently just once more. Where do I go now that you've gone, where do I go now that I am unable to go home?

Mother I am without direction, I do not understand this world. Have I faulted against you? Why have you left me here? It's dark and I fear this life without you, please return to me, I apologise if I've been bad, I did not mean to upset you.

Your love, Mother, it has been corrupted and now guarded. Try as you may in futility, you cannot restore it for your heart has been shattered, you've become a warrior, always ready for war, always prepared to defend your broken heart.

 

Oh dear Mother, I am older now, I've grown my wings however, I am not able to fly, not yet. I now understand why Mother, why you had to be so hard for me, you want me to fly. I forgive you, I love you, I will always love you Mother. Every piece, every piece of me now resonates with your strength. I will fly, I will make you proud!

Mother dearest rest now, you've fought too hard for much too long. I was too young to comprehend then, you wanted for me more than..

I will rise from the ashes and soar just for you Mother, your last egg, your little bird.... Mother I will Fly.

 

© 2016 Omar


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was hard to read without getting a bit choked up. As a mother, I do fear that I may leave my children too soon, before they are ready. Death is natural but it does not always happen naturally or conveniently.
I really like the strong voice here and the determination to keep pushing forward. To fly.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

375 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 2, 2016
Last Updated on June 2, 2016
Tags: mother, fly, cry, darkness, silently, calling out, life, sad, evoking emotions, raw

Author

Omar
Omar

Cape Town, Southern Suburbs, South Africa



About
I'm a young, ambitious human in a world full of possibilities. I believe that life is what you will it (Seek and ye shall find). My poetry I have written are reflections of my truth and my perception.. more..

Writing
Fragmented Fragmented

A Poem by Omar