A not so ordinary night

A not so ordinary night

A Chapter by likealovesong
"

No, I'm not. But I'm not going to help you either," she replied, causing Scout's heart to sink just a little, "you're actually going to be the one who helps me." she finished.

"

“See you tomorrow then?” Scout asked her band mate and best friend as the two stopped at one of the many corners of cross streets on Hollywood Boulevard.

 

“Tomorrow. Early so we can get started on those new songs.” the male confirmed with a smile before the two exchanged a hug, still possible even with his guitar still strapped to his back.  Before the two pulled away fully, Scout stood up on her toes to offer him a quick, friendly kiss on the cheek. He promptly smiled again before he finally started away down the street to their left.

 

And that was it for the night. Scout would be alone until morning. Not that she could complain…sometimes she just needed time to herself. Time to think about things.

 

Like how much she wished she could be famous, like the people Hollywood was known for, instead of a poor teenaged girl with practically no home and only one real friend..

 

But that’s part of why she and Matt did this whole music thing. Neither of them had the best lives, but if they got discovered, well, things could only get better.

 

And they knew they were good. If they didn’t think so, they wouldn’t find places where they could play every night, and settle with being out on the street when there wasn’t anywhere else.

 

And Scout knew that because they wanted…or rather needed it so much, that someday, they would be discovered.

 

And everything would change for the both of them.

-

 

The purple haired girl continued down the Boulevard alone now, backpack pulled tightly to her body, trying her best not to be too creeped out by some of the people she passed.

 

She was asked for a cigarette a few times on her walk, to which she promptly asked, “Do I look like I smoke? Jesus.” and quickened her pace just slightly.

 

In all honestly most everything about this street scared her. It always had. She didn’t know if it was the people she passed, or the thought of getting run over while crossing the street, or how dark some parts of the street were….maybe it was just everything combined.

 

Whatever it was, it never made her walks home very relaxing, or comfortable.

 

And it got even worse when she had to turn down the dark little street that would lead her home.

 

It would look menacing to anyone who even just crossed over it the girl assumed. Because there were only two dim street lamps to light the way, and trashcans practically everywhere. Perfect for something..or someone to hide behind, ready to attack.

 

But, the singer sucked it up, as she did every night and turned down her street, practically holding her breath as she walked.

 

Some people offered her a ride, but she was too smart to get in a car with a stranger. No matter how nice they seemed to be.

 

Every noise, every shadow, scared her even further. And the adrenaline in her body had her poised to run as fast as she could go, at any sign of danger whatsoever.

 

As she neared the end, she felt she could relax some though, and even became a little more confident.

 

Until she saw…or thought she saw someone standing not to far in front of her. Either way, it caused her to stop right in her tracks. But some point  as she was staring at the figure, it vanished into thin air. 


And that's when she started running, clutching tightly to the straps of her backpack. But Scout didn't run away from the figure had been, she ran towards it. She believed it to be a figment of her imagination anyways, so she was sure that nothing was going to happen to her no matter where she ran. And if it actually was real (which it of course wasn't) she was confident that she was faster than it.


When she passed the little area where the figure'd stood, the seventeen year old couldn't help but laugh a little to herself. I knew it wasn't real.. she thought to herself, just before something grabbed a hold of her right leg, sending her forward onto the ground. 


Having had her head hit, Scout was slightly dazed for a few moments before she got to start freaking out. Because what had stopped her was still coiled around her entire leg. And no matter how hard she tried to pull away or get it off of her, it didn't relent.


In the dull light, she couldn't exactly tell what it was...but what she did make out made her think of Heartless from Kingdom Hearts. It was black, with a lighter smoke around it, and although it looked like shadow, she could feel that right now, it was most definitely a solid...something.


She screamed then, when another shadow like the other started around her free leg, eventually trapping it too. 


Feeling slightly claustrophobic from not being able to move her legs anymore, the girl screamed again, before repeating a continuous stream of "No" in different tones and volumes. Until she saw someone approaching her. The No's quieted, but she started fighting as hard as she possibly could, letting out desperate little noises as she struggled. 


"Calm down, I'm not going to hurt you, I promise." a voice, more than likely from the approaching person said. It was a calm, yet confident voice that really did get Scout to calm down some. 


The purple haired girl managed to flip over onto her back and sit up so she'd be able to get a better look at whoever this person was. But it wasn't until they stepped right up to her that she could really see. And she almost immediately stopped fighting. 


First off, this person was another girl, and didn't look to be more than a year or so older than Scout was. Second, she was absolutely beautiful. She had long, think Medium Steel Blue hair that seemingly glowed by itself. Her eyes were a very dark purple, only a little lighter than her black pupils, and she had four black hearts tatted onto her face, two at the corner or each eye...at least Scout assumed they were tattoos. Her skin was perfect and pale, almost glowing itself. And once again, she was beautiful.


"Y-You're not going to hurt me?" Scout repeated with a stutter, "Are you going to help me then?" she asked, not taking her eyes off of the beautiful girl.


"No, I'm not. But I'm not going to help you either," she replied, causing Scout's heart to sink just a little, "you're actually going to be the one who helps me." she finished.


It was silent for a moment before Scout spoke again, "Help you? How am I supposed to help you when I'm stuck here?" she asked with some anger and desperation. 


"Don't ask questions now. Soon you won't be trapped anymore, and I can explain everything then. But for now, be quiet and don't struggle, and this'll all go a lot quicker for the both of us." the girl instructed just before more shadows appeared, wrapping around her torso, then up to bind her arms together, and back down to do the same to her legs. 


"Now I hate to have to do this, but I can't allow you to see what I'm about to do." the beautiful girl said almost apologetically before Scout promptly lost consciousness



© 2011 likealovesong


Author's Note

likealovesong
Well. Here's chapter one... It may or may not be devoid of all spelling or grammar problems, because I may have missed a few things in proof reading it. So all mistakes are my own.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

186 Views
Added on December 11, 2011
Last Updated on December 12, 2011
Tags: Fantasy, Tyranny, Sisters, War


Author

likealovesong
likealovesong

Aguanga, CA



About
Name: Nicolette Middle Name: Rose State: California Place of Birth: ...I dont remember what the town's called =| Male or Female: Female Hometown: Aguanga School: Hamilton High.. more..

Writing