In Realms of Unconsciousness

In Realms of Unconsciousness

A Chapter by lilli

“Lily, things are going to change.” Mama says, her voice soft caramel honey, “and its not going to be easy.” I don’t look at her. Instead I stare straight ahead at our lush garden filled with a multitude of vibrant plants. Lavender. Honey suckle. Raspberries. Sunshine bathes my face, legs, and arms. But I am still cold. I close my eyes and imagine myself becoming part of the warmth. Bodiless; a hot blazing white ray of sunlight, dancing above the world. No gravity can hold me down.

“Do you understand Lily?” I nod without opening my eyes. “Look at me, Lily.”

I dig my nails into my skin and force myself to meet her eyes. Wide emerald eyes. The sadness glittering in them is like a sharp knife slicing through my heart. Ice cold and merciless. My heart bleeds. I nod again, then turn to back to the garden. I try to erase my thought; a hand releasing a finger at a time. I can feel Mama’s presence shimmering next to me; her aura pulsing too close to mine. I bite my lip, to stop the hateful words from pouring out of my mouth. I inhale and hold my breath. 

After a few endless moments she slowly gets up and disappears into the house. I exhale and my breath goes back to its usual rhythm. I try to meditate, but my mom’s words echo in my mind over and over again. “Things are going to change.”

 

I am twelve years old want to die.



© 2013 lilli


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

95 Views
Added on December 14, 2013
Last Updated on December 14, 2013
Tags: anorexia, family, teen


Author

lilli
lilli

Mill Valley, CA



Writing
Sleep Over Sleep Over

A Chapter by lilli


Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday!

A Chapter by lilli


Bodiless Bodiless

A Book by lilli