Dreaming

Dreaming

A Story by Lilly Lin
"

I love dreaming.

"
Sometimes, when it's dark, and quiet, and too late in the evening for activities to carry on, I wander across the floorboards of my house. I drift up the stairs, careful not to step on the creaky spots. Sleep floods my eyelids and my arms grow weak. I crawl down the hallway, my legs far too heavy from a long day. And in my mind, I see your face. I see the way you stare into the distance when you adventure to far off places, places I want to journey to with you. I see the way your lips daze and confuse me. I see your arms, wrapped around mine. And just as the stars peek out through the vast purple that scares the sun, like clockwork, I wish to dream of you. And as my head hits the pillow, I close my eyes. And when my breathing has evened out and my body relaxed, I see you once more, reaching for me, calling for me. And for a second, it's all so wonderful. For a second I forget that I'm dreaming. For a second, I pretend it's reality. For a second I feel the existence of "us." But, the sun regains its strength. And this time, it is the sun that scares the purple. And once again, I wish to dream of you.
But instead, I must open my eyes, and wish away the nightmares.

© 2015 Lilly Lin


Author's Note

Lilly Lin
Not my best writing because I only spent a couple of minutes on it, just wanted to post something.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

78 Views
Added on April 29, 2015
Last Updated on April 29, 2015
Tags: dreams, love, teenager, boys, boyfriend, kiss

Author

Lilly Lin
Lilly Lin

Boston, MA



About
High school student looking for a space to post a couple pieces that I have written. Check out my youtube channel to watch videos of a few songs that I have written and many other covers @ Lillian Max.. more..

Writing
Runaway Runaway

A Story by Lilly Lin


Dear [blank] Dear [blank]

A Story by Lilly Lin