Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Maddie Rae

Alex’s p.o.v

 

                I couldn’t do anything except for sit and watch Lily leave, her long red hair trailing behind her. If I fallowed her she would have ran. There is nothing worse than watching her run from me. I bit my lip and sat down beside Cole. He was sleeping like a baby next to me… Hell he still was a baby he was only twelve years old. What had I said that had scared Lily off? All I said was that I was sorry for swinging at her. I mean hell; anyone would have said it right? I shook my head and leaned against the nearest tree. My hair flipped into my eyes again. I need a hair cut but we just don’t have the money to be buying something as stupid as a haircut at the moment.

                I sighed loudly and looked down to see a pair of big, bright blue eyes staring straight at me. I jumped back automatically. I let out another loud sigh as I realized it was only Bell looking at me. I can’t tell you why but for some reason this irritated me. Before I realized I was doing it I snapped a loud ‘what’ right in Bells face. Her eyes hardened a great deal, which of course just pissed me off even more. I mean hell is there anyone here that I won’t piss off today? I mean the day hasn’t even started yet and I managed to get both girls mad at me.

                I looked towards the spot where Lily and Derek walked off in. Why did Derek need to go with her? I mean I know he thinks of her like a little sister but still. I could feel myself becoming more and more ticked off the more I thought about all of this, so I decided it would be better to just let it all go. The sun was up now and I figured I had better go find Lily and Derek. Bell had rolled over and gone back to sleep already so I figured I could just go look for them. I mean hell, what could go wrong right? The spot that we had picked was just outside a little city. We didn’t like staying near big city’s one of the rules of the road. In big city’s people can see posters of you if anyone cares enough to put one up that is. I doubted any of our pictures would be up though. I mean hell, my mom never gave a s**t about me while I lived there why should she start after I left right?

                As I made my way through the small amount of forest I found myself thinking about Lily. Why does she run away from me so much? Why does she always let Derek go with her instead of me? I mean I’m a decent guy. I’m always nice to her; I mean I care about her. You should have seen what I did to this one guy that tried to kidnap her one time. Like a week after they found me. Damn… That guy will never be the same and I hope he thinks twice now before he ever even looks at a kid. Sick bastered. I took a deep breath and looked around. I was out of the woods now. Now all I had to do was figure out where exactly they had gone. I looked left and then right but I had no sign to which way they could have gone. They could be anywhere right now. I felt like a lost child looking for their parent. It was horrible. I wouldn’t dare call out Lily’s name though; it would just piss her off all the more.

                All of a sudden I felt eyes on the back of my head. I didn’t want to turn around but I had to. I slowly turned around turning my eyes to the right of me, and saw Cole and Bell behind me. I felt anger inside of me begin to rise as I pat “What the hell are you doing here?”

                “Why’d you leave?” Cole asked. His voice was soft and scared. Some of my anger evaporated when I heard this. I had left them after all. They didn’t know where Lily, Derek, or I could have gone. Bell looked pissed. She had nothing to be pissed about though. I wasn’t going to say anything though; I bet she weighs more than I do. Bell gets pissed easy. Well at everyone besides Lily. Lily’s also the only one that she allows to touch her. No an issue with me but I’m pretty sure little Cole has a crush on her. I personally think its gross because he looks like he could be her little brother. Whatever though.

                “I was looking for Lily.” I told him looking him in the eye.

                “Of course you where.” Bell said angrily.

                “What the hell is that suppose to mean?!”

                “Nothing besides the fact that you fallow her around like a love sick puppy dog. She’s not interested. I hate to have to be the one to break it to you, but it’s not you she’s interested in, it’s Derek.” Bell smiled as my face fell. What a b***h. She knows exactly what to say to hit the soft spot.  I’m not going to lie it took just about everything I had to make sure I didn’t hit her for saying it. I bit my lip and looked away just in time to see a huge brown and red dog heading for us. I must have jumped a good two feet before I began running.

                I don’t hate dogs, don’t get me wrong but when a dog almost bigger than Lily or Cole comes running at you you’d run to. I mean hell why was this dog here. It could be rabid for all I know. I ran back when I realized that the dog might get Lily. When I got back everyone was laughing. I looked at them confused. Suddenly I realized Lily and Derek were back. Lily’s yellow green eyes were bright and happy. She began to laugh happily as she pet the large dog.  The dog was almost bigger than she was, but that didn’t stop her from attaching herself to it. I shook my head and smiled at her. Derek stood behind her protectively; I began to wonder to myself how Lily looked to him. She was like a little sister to me, now what in the world could she be to him…

                “There’s a little town right down that way.” Derek told us pointing behind him. “We can panhandle a little bit. Someone go with Lily though. Last time she almost got kidnapped.” My eyes flicked towards Lily and I leaned down to grab her hand. The stupid dog began to growl at me and tried to bite me!

                Lily pet the dogs head and began making soothing sounds. Telling the damn beast it would be alright I wasn’t mean.  She then looked up at me her green eyes bright as she told me “We just picked him up. He looked so sad and I didn’t want him to be all alone… He likes me and he wants to protect me. He didn’t mean to snap at you… Isn’t that right baby?” The dog made a soft sort of whimpering noise and nudged me with its nose. I guess as a sort of apology? Whatever as long as the dog didn’t attack my Lily I was fine with it.



© 2011 Maddie Rae


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Thanks julie

Posted 12 Years Ago


falklowed= followed
awww i love Alex! awesome job Maddie cant wait for more :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

93 Views
2 Reviews
Added on July 14, 2011
Last Updated on July 14, 2011


Author

Maddie Rae
Maddie Rae

B-ville <3, RI



About
I love my friends more than anything more..

Writing
No its ok No its ok

A Poem by Maddie Rae