How the Future of Mobile Applications Could Be Influenced by Wearables

How the Future of Mobile Applications Could Be Influenced by Wearables

A Story by Rajeev Rajagopal
"

To deliver information in new ways in different industry spaces like healthcare, sports, etc., companies focus on apps that connect with wearable gadgets.

"
Mobile app development is the making of software applications that run on a mobile device, and these apps utilize a network connection to work with remote computing resources. In healthcare, many companies are focusing on medical software development in wearables that would allow patients to play a more active role in maintaining their health. Wearable technology has helped to open an entirely new world of possibilities, and it has now become more advanced than hand-held technology. It offers sensory and scanning features not typically seen in mobiles and laptops. It has immense benefits and can impact not only healthcare but also other domains like fitness, education, disabilities, media, transportation, etc.

With the increase in demand for wearables across different industries, there has been a corresponding rise in demand for custom mobile applications for these smart gadgets. 

The following are some ways in which wearables could influence the mobile applications’ future. 

Change in size of the screens: The mobile applications of the future will have to be designed keeping in mind the shrinking screen sizes. They should be created in a way that suits the wearable ecosystem, showing accurate, highly relevant information through dynamic changes in the screen’s size. It will help to make the information design more universal and user-friendly.

Fast and responsive: The apps will have to be small in size so that they can load fast and respond quickly to the commands. Developers are now designing the apps keeping this in mind. 

Smooth data transmission: The apps for wearable devices need to allow fast and smooth transmission of data and big files between smart instruments. For instance, Bluetooth smart technology-enabled apps. It has been observed that many industry giants across various verticals are centering their strategy on Bluetooth and Wi-Fi.

Artificial Intelligence: It is the most booming trend in the context of mobile app development, wearables, and probably in every other industry. As more and more mobile applications for wearable devices are developed in the coming years, they would make use of big data technologies and artificial intelligence. This integration lets the mobile apps predict the user’s behavior and offer to make changes in the performance. It means the mobile applications will improve and personalize the user experience. 

Real-time communication: The capability for real-time communication shows the real power of wearable devices. The mobile apps developed for these devices would offer real-time information to users and concerned experts regarding the present state of the users. Real-time communication can also enable businesses to more efficiently monitor their staff and provide timely instructions.

Cloud, data, and security: Mobile app developers are preparing for the future and the increase in the use of wearables. So, the cloud would be the primary data center in the future mobile applications for wearables as far as data storage is concerned. It will act as both storing and allocating a place of data for the wearable device. In such cases, security will be considered and it will be mandatory to ensure that good security standards are employed by the application to secure user data. Access to user data in the cloud and application can be accelerated with the help of biometric and voice recognition techniques.

Lesser Energy Consumption: Because of the real-time usage, the mobile app for wearable devices in the future would offer low-energy consumption profiles to ensure longer battery life of those wearable devices. The user can then use this device for longer periods of time without running for a charger.

Augmented Reality: Mobile apps for wearables will make use of augmented reality (AR) techniques to improve the human senses of hearing, seeing, smelling, and feeling. For instance, AR can be used effectively to magnify voice commands, improvise navigation through maps, and expand health-related data.

To deliver information in new ways in different industry spaces like healthcare, sports, fitness, and others, companies are focusing on apps that connect with wearable gadgets. As technology advances, healthcare is undergoing fundamental changes, and many wearable app developments and mobile app developers are benefiting from this change. With these changes, people utilizing wearable technologies can keep up with everything from heart rate to reproductive cycles, and doctors can use this data to provide individualized healthcare plans.

© 2020 Rajeev Rajagopal


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

16 Views
Added on December 7, 2020
Last Updated on December 7, 2020
Tags: Mobile Applications, medical software development, technology

Author

Rajeev Rajagopal
Rajeev Rajagopal

Melville, NY



About
Rajeev Rajagopal is the Vice President of MOS. His extensive knowledge in SEO, medical billing and coding, and medical transcription has guided MOS to meet tough project challenges and satisfy clients.. more..

Writing