How to properly connect a power inverter

How to properly connect a power inverter

A Story by lindadell
"

Connecting a power inverter might seem like a very difficult task and it is when you don't know how to do it. Here is a simple guide for doing this properly.

"
Power inverters are very useful electronic components that can be used in a variety of different applications. Power inverters can be used to supply power to devices which use a household current and voltage when there is no other power source available than a DC one. Apart from that, a power inverter can also be used for providing portable electrical power as well as for more permanent solutions. Here are the steps that you will need to take in order to properly connect one:

1. Take a screwdriver and use it to loosen the screw located on the red (positive) wire insertion socket. Now grab the wire that you want to connect to the power inverter and place its end into the same wire socket. Tighten the screw in order to secure the positive lead. With the screwdriver, repeat the same thing for the black (negative) wire socket and loosen the screw there. Take the second wire and insert its end firmly into the socket. Make sure to tighten the screw properly in order to secure the wire and prevent it from slipping away.

2. You should know have one more wire remaining. Take it and connect it to the power inverter grounding point. This is actually a grounding bolt so you can take your pliers and curl the wire into the shape of a hook to easily attach it and remove it when necessary. There should also be a hex nut on the grounding bolt. All you have to do is remove it, attach the wire to the bolt and install the hex nut once again to secure the wire.

3. Make sure to connect the other end of the ground wire to a source that is properly grounded. If you are going to use the power inverter to power an electrical fixture permanently, then you should connect the wire to the electrical ground point of the building. If you are only using the power inverter temporarily, you can connect the ground wire to a “chassis ground” point which could be an automobile frame in case you are connecting the power inverter to a car battery for example.

4. Take the negative wire and connect it to the negative battery terminal. Similarly, take the positive wire and connect it to the positive battery terminal.

After doing all the steps, your power inverter should work properly and be able to supply electrical power to the power outlets in your home (assuming you are using it for this). Using this method you will be able to wire all kinds of different power inverters properly.

© 2015 lindadell


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
Added on January 21, 2015
Last Updated on January 21, 2015
Tags: power inverters, power inverter, connecting, how to, DIY