The History of the Future

The History of the Future

A Poem by Davidgeo
"

will it be discovery or invention?

"
In the history of the future,
Will it be discovery or invention?
In the story of the past,
Was it all discovery or invention?
In the moment of the present,
Does it really matter where we came from,
Compared to where we're going?

© 2019 Davidgeo


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Your poems always make my brain rattle.Regarding the history of the past, it matters little because we can do nothing about it. It has gone. We can learn from it, but we can't change what has already happened. As for the future, it has no history yet, or otherwise it would be in the past, in which case we would still not be able to change it.The present is far more important, we live in the present, we should savour the present. I guess I don't spend too much time pondering on where I came from and as to where we are going, I switch off completely. That is a scary place.That is enough rattling of my brain this morning David. Greetings to you from across the pond.

Chris

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Davidgeo

4 Years Ago

Why thank you Chris, I'll take the brain rattling thing as a compliment. Not everyone finds these k.. read more



Reviews

I am of the opinion that history is more or less our future, which makes it extremely relevant. See, history has a pattern, there is nothing new under the sun. If that is so, our future is to replay the past in our very own version.
For example, at one point in history, Egypt was the epitome of power, the nation of nations above most others, it fell, then came others that rose, advanced, gained power, then fell, like Rome...Now the U.S.
May be a matter of political views or maybe just world views in general, maybe I'm just a cynic.
However we are at our "Height". I see us slowly starting to crumble and fall apart.
We claim to want no war, but we are at war with ourselves and each other already, down to the war of genders at this point.
We follow in the footpath of many before us, our future, if not readjusted may be just like that of nations come and gone thousands of years ago. Nothing is exactly the same, but nothing is original.
At least in my perception.
I've both seen and heard multiple times from different sources and professionals that older civilizations were heavily more advanced than we thought.
Most of the remains we see today prove that. Different does not mean barbaric, perhaps we did not come from just cavemen or people who lived aimless lives in carved out mudballs and knew nothing of technology.
Think of Africa, what comes to mind? Dirt floors, stick huts, dust, starvation, perhaps even savagery? Many people see this. In reality a good portion of Africa has access to food, water, cars, vehicles, houses, music etc. They live similar to the ways we do.
Much in the same way, when we picture past civilizations, many picture uncivilized, primordial people who were simplistic.
In some ways they were, but they were also moving and lifting gigantic stones, cutting shapes into slabs with precision that astounds even us and creating things that lasted centuries after they died out.
We, in all our advancement still can't figure out how they did many things.
Begs the question, what will we leave behind as a relic of the past..

So as to the question, I'd say rediscovery..
Wish you a bitterly better morning than I am having, nice write.
Great subject for debate.


Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lyanth

4 Years Ago

Some people are more knowledgeable then they are wise. I think...he is, like many "psychotics" both .. read more
Davidgeo

4 Years Ago

I don't think he's your run of the mill 'psychopath', if there is such a thing. He's much more cere.. read more
Lyanth

4 Years Ago

Maybe I'll check it out. I've met quite a few people labeled "Psychopaths" Usually they aren't run o.. read more
Your poems always make my brain rattle.Regarding the history of the past, it matters little because we can do nothing about it. It has gone. We can learn from it, but we can't change what has already happened. As for the future, it has no history yet, or otherwise it would be in the past, in which case we would still not be able to change it.The present is far more important, we live in the present, we should savour the present. I guess I don't spend too much time pondering on where I came from and as to where we are going, I switch off completely. That is a scary place.That is enough rattling of my brain this morning David. Greetings to you from across the pond.

Chris

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Davidgeo

4 Years Ago

Why thank you Chris, I'll take the brain rattling thing as a compliment. Not everyone finds these k.. read more

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

360 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 19, 2019
Last Updated on August 19, 2019

Author

Davidgeo
Davidgeo

Johnsburg, IL



About
"don't mess with the 'roo''s", ya jack a*s more..

Writing
Clown Show Clown Show

A Poem by Davidgeo


Self Love Self Love

A Poem by Davidgeo



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Bleed Bleed

A Poem by Davidgeo





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5