Forever

Forever

A Story by literarygirl37
"

Short story for the "Ripped Apart" contest.

"

                The dreary fall weather fit Shannon’s mood perfectly. The sticky rain only made the air more humid then it already was. She wished that her hot tears would wash all of her pain away. She squeezed Jake’s hand, knowing that he wouldn’t feel it. The heart monitor had gone flat only moments before and she still couldn’t believe that he was gone. It wasn’t fair. They’d only had six months together, but they were the best six months of her life. Why had he been taken from her so early? She kept replaying the last moments of his life…

                “Shannon…I…Love…You,” Jake wheezed. Tears slipped from Shannon’s clouded blue eyes. She felt like her heart had been ripped apart, twisted, mangled, and stomped on.

                “I love you too, Jake,” she whispered, wiping his wet hair from his sweaty forehead. He winced when her cold hand touched him, but then he seemed to enjoy the coolness. The heart monitor began beeping furiously.

                “No, no, no, no, no. NO! This isn’t happening! NO! Don’t leave me. I love you. Don’t leave me…” Shannon sobbed, laying her head on Jake’s chest. Doctors rushed into the room, bringing with them the paddles.

                “Clear! *beep* Again! Clear! *beep* Clear! *beep*” The monitor flat lined.

                “Call it? Time of death, eleven fifteen. I’m so sorry.” I’m sorry I’m sorry I’m sorry I’m sorry I’m sorry I’m sorry I’m sorry. Sorry so so so sorry. He was gone.

                “I love you, Jake. Forever.”

© 2010 literarygirl37


Author's Note

literarygirl37
Does it flow?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
Added on July 1, 2010
Last Updated on July 1, 2010

Author

literarygirl37
literarygirl37

Ellettsville , IN



About
Hi, I'm Megan. I'm 14 years old and writing is my life. I got my start writing fanfiction, but now I mostly work on my own stuff. (Although I still enjoy visiting fanfiction.net from time to time!) I .. more..

Writing
Angie Angie

A Story by literarygirl37