Blue Depths

Blue Depths

A Story by Angel_Rose1979
"

Dehydration, loneliness, and a fear of water. What a combination to have when you are stuck adrift on the open ocean.

"

All I could see for miles in any direction I looked was the color blue. Up was blue, down was blue. Left, right, north, south, east, west, you name it. I sat upon an old sun bleached board. My flesh was red and blistered from the  severe sunburns. I rested my head upon my knees and wrapped my arms around my bright red legs to attempt and shield myself from the sun's rays of despair. Ever so slowly as I drifted, I rocked my aching body back and forth, singing a song from long ago quietly to myself.

    “Row…...row…...row…...your…...boat……”

An unseen something hit the bottom of my board. I shrieked. Tremors engulfed my body, I was shaking so badly that I couldn't even think straight. The horror I felt was indescribable, I feared what lurked below. My breathing was ragged but quick, and I inhaled so fast that I nearly choked on every intake of oxygen.

Just as I began to calm down after my scare, it happened again. But this time it was so violent, that it sent me sprawling forward, so fast that I couldn't catch myself. When I opened my eyes, I discovered a my face was only a couple inches away from the blue depths. A pale and thin face with huge bulging eyes stared back at me. I watched the face’s every moment, it was strangely calming, that is until I saw something beneath the surface of the blue depths move, it was dark and quick.

In an instant I tried to jerk my face away from the blue. But I couldn't. It was my necklace. Something had my necklace, and it wasn't letting go. I began to panic, squirming about and screaming, even though I knew nobody was around to help me. My breathing and heartbeat were getting a bit ridiculous, as they were the only two things I could hear, besides my own screams.

But I must've been spazzing out pretty bad because suddenly, much to my horror, I slipped off  my board. Whatever had a hold on my necklace, still had it because I felt it come off as I slipped. Down into the blue depths I went. My open, screaming mouth filled up almost instantly, and my lungs followed almost directly behind. The sunlight beyond the blue, made a clear view of my board above me, and I thrashed about in the blue depths, trying to get a grip on the board. But I still continued to sink, and it was then that I noticed something. I realized what a fool I had been.

    Because the last thing I saw before the blue depths swallowed me, was my necklace, stuck on a loose nail, gleaming in the sunlight above, sticking out of the bottom of my board.


© 2018 Angel_Rose1979


Author's Note

Angel_Rose1979
Warning,
My grammar may be incorrect.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
Added on May 1, 2018
Last Updated on May 1, 2018

Author

Angel_Rose1979
Angel_Rose1979

Cedar City, UT



About
I'm 15, so naturally sometimes my grammar sucks, sorry bout that, but I mostly just write macabre and creepy poetry, sometimes based on mental health, just wanted to be able to put it out there more..

Writing