A Spider's Web

A Spider's Web

A Story by Mrs Mania
"

This week I have been focusing on reading the book of Job in my Bible. Upon deep reflection, this short writing is just my own personal interpretation of Job 8:14-15.

"
Whether or not you're a believer or non-believer, I am sure that we can all relate to how it feels when we place our trust in someone so much that we might even say, "Yes, I trust that person with my life". But even the people that we love and trust deeply can still make a mistake. If you're like me, then you already know first-hand how excruciatingly painful it can be when someone we trust says or does something that breaks our trust. More often than not, it may even come as a shock, because however the person acted that caused the trust to be shaken, was outside of their normal character and the way they typically behave. When someone breaks our trust, it feels much like a betrayal, and can cause us to feel unloved, heartbroken, and unworthy. But in moments where you feel as though there is no one you can turn to, and in moments where you feel so broken that it seems impossible to ever trust again, there is one who is faithful and cares much about your well-being, one who loves you unconditionally, and one who is always worthy of trust, and that one is God.
Job 8:14-15 states, 'What he trust in is fragile; what he relies on is a spider's web. He leans on his web, but it gives way; he clings to it, but it does not hold'. When I read just these two verses alone, the first thing that comes to mind is how us humans can place our entire trust and dependency on things other than God. Though I am certainly not saying to 'never trust anyone', we should certainly never trust anyone or anything over God himself. Because as the Scripture states, doing so is like relying on a spider's web; that is, something that is not steady. People and situations are opt to change at any given time, life is just full of uncertainty in that way. But God's love is not like a spider's web that can change or blow away at any given moment. He is so certain in a world full of uncertainty. Unlike people, He never changes even as time goes on; therefore, He is the only one we should be placing our entire trust and dependency on. No other person can offer us true and unwavering security and love like God can. 
So, the next time you are feeling alone and it seems as though no one is on your side, when you are feeling envious of the friendships and relationships that other people have, remember this: If you are a child of God, you are never alone. You have the best company that you can possibly have. You have a relationship with the sovereign God of the universe who has the power and authority to change anything at any time. You have a relationship with the one who offers you what no one else can, and that is the promise that He will always be with you, and will never leave you nor forsake you. Maybe you don't have as many friends as other people have, or maybe you're at a point in life where it seems you don't have any. Maybe you're experiencing a time in your life where you are lonely and are craving companionship. But if you have a relationship with Jesus Christ, than you already have just that. By definition, companionship means 'a feeling of fellowship or friendship'. Having a relationship with Jesus is the best kind of fellowship/friendship that one can receive. As I said, He is the one who is faithful and cares much about your well-being, one who loves you unconditionally, and one who is always worthy of trust. Even in the midst of trials, sorrow, and heartache, God is in the process of doing something very special in your life. He alone has the power and authority to turn the worst of disasters into something beautiful, you just have to be patient and trust that God allows all things to come together for good. Your hopes and dreams do matter to Him. Remember this quote, "At any moment God can shift you from waiting on it, to walking in it".

© 2020 Mrs Mania


Author's Note

Mrs Mania
For anyone who has ever wondered or asked themselves the question, "why do bad things happen to good people", I would like you to listen to Dr. Charles Stanley's video sermon, "When We Don't Understand Why". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_1fCUlet50&t=1231s

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really love this write, so true. God is always with us, and He loves us dearly

Posted 4 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

35 Views
1 Review
Added on April 21, 2020
Last Updated on April 21, 2020

Author

Mrs Mania
Mrs Mania

Roanoke, VA



About
Hi there! As far as genres go, my preference leans more towards short stories and poetry. I tend to really appreciate works that are both thought-provoking and inspiring. My favorite writings tend to.. more..

Writing