The Bible for those who are coping with Loss

The Bible for those who are coping with Loss

A Story by anandbose
"

It's a solace for those who to bear the death of a loved one

"

Bible for Those who are coping with Loss

Mourning the death of a loved one is not an easy thing. Often we tend to lose hope. How do we cope with loss? Let me quote the scripture: Psalms 34:18 ‘The Lord is close to the broken hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit’. Revelation 21:4 ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more mourning, no more crying, no more pain for the old order of things has passed away.’ We can’t understand death by our own will. We need the grace of God to feel his compassion. When we pray for the grace of God, he will ease our souls and fill with compassion. For the broken hearted: let me use the example of Job who had to face ghastly trials and temptations even though he was faithful to God. When Job was tempted by the Devil he quotes in pain: JOB 6:2 ‘If only my anguish could be weighed and all my misery be placed on scales’. Though Job was suffering the greatest beauty of Job was he did not complain. I can only say that though prayer you can accept the grace and compassion of God. There is also the future hope of meeting your loved one in heaven.

 

 

© 2019 anandbose


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

16 Views
Added on July 13, 2019
Last Updated on July 13, 2019
Tags: Bible, Christianity, Loss, Suffering, Pain, Death

Author

anandbose
anandbose

Pathnamtitta , Kurianoor, India



About
There's a joke about me that when I was baptized I pissed on the cassock of the priest and my tryst with iconoclasm being then I am a Hellenic Philistine, an Existential Nihilist, a staunch Epicurea.. more..

Writing