Promise we made to each other

Promise we made to each other

A Story by Sagar Patel

A person close to me a person that i hold most dear to me suddenly disappear it's a shock when i heard it from her parents the reason why she didn't come to school today she hit by a car yesterday and i don't know what to say or what to do everyone seems sad everyone is crying but for some reason i didn't shed a tear i look up at the others wondering why is that why i'm not crying since the day i found out about her the only person keep wandering in my mind is her i don't understand what happening to me i just standing at her funeral i was watching everyone crying and suddenly i started running as i see her standing there in  looking at me calling for me i still don't know it was real or i'm just imagining it back then but i remembered running following her telling her to stop asking where are you going i can't see the road or the ground the only this i seen is her running ahead of me and when i stopped i see a tree it look so familiar i realized that i'm at the park nearby i remembered we were used to play here all the time but it look somehow different this place it's look like i'm in a dream or something as i looking at the tree i see someone is hiding behind it i know it was her so went to talk to her and then a flash hits me it's like i'm in the dream i see us playing tag around that tree i was chasing her and i stumbled by a rock and fell i start crying cause it really hurts and as soon as i get up i saw her crying too i am just a kid but i wonder why she's crying i asked her why are you crying? did you fell too? she nod her head and say that i'm not hurt but seeing you crying that makes me sad too i can't explain what i feel when she said that but it's feels kinda good and i woke up with tears in my eyes i realize that i'm crying but i feel little happy too because  in that dream i realize something else as well when she started crying i remembered a promise we made together a promise that says no matter what we didn't cry ever again we promise that even if the other one is hurt instead of crying we cheer for each other and wish to let the pain go away and be happy again. that's why i'm not going to cry even if its hurt even if there's a pain left in my heart i always remembered her smile and i'm going to say a last good bye by wish her to have a new happy life as you come here again. 
                                                                        -Sagar Patel

© 2020 Sagar Patel


Author's Note

Sagar Patel
kindly share your thoughts.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A sad story wrote in the poetry. To lose a friend, so young. A hard lesson to learn. To hold back tears, sometimes a impossible task. I did like the ending. Hoping your friend found happiness somewhere. Thank you for sharing the amazing story and your thoughts.
Coyote

Posted 3 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

29 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 27, 2020
Last Updated on May 28, 2020

Author

Sagar Patel
Sagar Patel

India



About
I just love to write. more..

Writing