Grace and Elegance Unknown

Grace and Elegance Unknown

A Story by Sarah Jean
"

A poetic short story in a fantasy dream-like place.

"
The calm and gentle sway of a lively tree rustling melodically in a cool spring breeze fills my ears with nostalgia for a home I've never had, a place I've never been, a haven existing only in the solace of my mind.

The lone hill stands firm, tall, comforting, welcoming.
A rounded wheat field carefully molded and placed in the centre of nothing.
Wrapped in the warm embrace of a happy blue sky.
The warmth of the sky a blue cocoon wrapping the hill in a protective hug, like a mother holding her child for the first time.
Atop it stands a lone cherry blossom, proud, tall and beautifully out of place. 
Uniform in its loneliness, beautiful in its coloured contrast.
The cherry blossoms pale pink petals fall harmoniously and are carried away by a  cool breeze before ever touching the ground. The breeze carries the petals down, under, around the hill, in circles around the tree, and through the vacant gaps in the branches that was once their home. Now, they fly free in the breeze.
Flying in spirals, they dance.
Until, one petals drops, falling gently and landing on my outstretched finger. The stream of pale pink petals follow, falling, one by one, gently landing on my hand and arm, covering my skin piece by piece, sending cool shivers up my arms, through my body, and down my spine.
Hastily flying towards me, covering my feet and reaching upwards.
With arms extended and my body covered to my chin in pale pink, my hair wrapped in a pink cocoon, the subtle curve of a smile appears on my face before it is covered by another petal, as another lands on my cheek, followed by another on my forehead until my face is covered in the pink that wraps my body.
Finally at peace, I close my eyes and feel the softness of each petal as they fall and land on my eyelids.
Asleep in a wakeful state, I feel the ground beneath my feet soften into a mist, I feel the hill vanish beneath me and with arms reaching above me I fall. I gently sink with speed into the open arms of the sky beneath me, with grace and elegance unknown.

© 2013 Sarah Jean


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I absolutely love your poetic elegance. The way you shape the world in this piece is so vivid, like a perfect dream state. Thank you very much for posting this, It's wonderful!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Sarah Jean

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much! It makes me so happy that you think so :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

262 Views
1 Review
Added on August 3, 2013
Last Updated on August 3, 2013
Tags: poetry, poem, dream, dreams, fantasy, love, story, short story, girl, nature, psychadelic, fiction

Author

Sarah Jean
Sarah Jean

Australia



About
Hello, I'm Sarah. I'm 17 and from Australia and I'm interested in an eclectic spectrum of things, specifically in relation to literature and film. I like to litter my life with music and poetry. I .. more..

Writing