Leah

Leah

A Chapter by lizziec1993

Chapter One

Psychiatric Help

Leah Bourne

July

“So, Leah. Why are you here?” Dr. Laura Dean asks me from her ugly floral pattern chair.

I shrug. “For help, I guess.” I say, not really knowing what to tell her.

“Of course.” Dr. Laura says. “But what made you decide to come here now?”

“I just had problems that starting building up, and my parents couldn’t really help me the way they needed to anymore.” I say while Dr. Laura jots some notes down.

“When did these problems start?”

“3 or 4 years ago. I think I was 13, the summer before 8th grade. I fell in with a bad crowd.”

“Alright, Lets talk about this from the beginning.” Dr. Laura says, while writing, of course.

“Okay. Well, my friend, Hayley moved away at the end of 7th grade. So throughout the first few weeks of summer I was alone.”

Flashback to June 4 years ago.

I’m sitting their on one of the swings at the park, when one of the older girls walk up to me. She’s in eighth, though I suppose she would be in ninth now, unless she failed again. I mean seriously, though, that girls, like, 16

“Hey.” She says as she sits on the swing next to me. “Want one?” She asks, offering me a cigarette. I take one, because I’ve smoked a couple times before with Hayley.

“I’m Danielle.” She introduces herself. “I’m Leah.”

End flashback.

 

“Of course, I thought that I had made a good friend. But, really, it was just the start of a downward spiral.”

“So, what exactly happened with Danielle?” Dr. Laura asks, but I don’t really feel like talking anymore. “Can we just leave it for next time?” I ask.

“Yeah, we are almost out of time anyways.”



© 2008 lizziec1993


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's very short, too much like a vague memory that they're trying to forget.

It seems a lot like a book Ive recently read [ - the psychiatrist ].

I hope it involves a good twist later :]


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
1 Review
Added on October 1, 2008