Black ink

Black ink

A Story by Valley
"

Kind of just something that popped into my mind as I thought about depression and I basically threw the words out of my heads into a massive jumble.

"

Black. Black everywhere.


                A suffocating and hazy amount of darkness, splotches of it staining hands, feet, ceilings, floors. Smeared and spewed over my face, matted in my hair. When I inhale, I am breathing in the heavy, pungent darkness. I cough, but I continue writing.


Each and every scroll is filled with words written by inky black darkness. The letters seem to twist in and out of position. I stare at them and I will them to remain clear. There is too much ink, too much painfully dark ink, making everything a twisting mass with no true meaning. Nothing but a Rorschach test.


Darkness does not contain any property without destroying that of another. This is the one truth I am able to understand when confined to my cogitations.


I am hacking now, coughing up globs of sticky black ink. I hold my hands over my mouth, but then the blackness just gushes through my nose. And when I cover that up, my ears. Then my eyes. Now I cannot see.


But I continue to write.


The words I am writing are smothering beneath the pitch black oils and inks. I’m writhing desperately, my lungs gasping and screaming and clawing and moaning in complete and utter agony. I can no longer breathe.


But I continue to write.


The darkness and obscurity has taken over every surface and every thought and every hope and every dream. Are my words even being written anymore? I do not know, but I still hold my pen with a shaky hand and move it over a sticky wet surface. I long to read my own words one day.


Is black the absence of color, or is it every color combined?

© 2015 Valley


Author's Note

Valley
Need some help with grammar which is not my strong suit.
Any advice is welcome.
I know there's an unbearable amount of angst

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

119 Views
Added on November 6, 2015
Last Updated on November 6, 2015
Tags: dark, black, ink, depression, confusing, not too sure honestly

Author

Valley
Valley

Los Angeles, CA



About
I'm merely average but people grasp at the memory of the prodigy third grader that knew what an Oxford comma was. more..

Writing