The great escape..

The great escape..

A Poem by silentpoet
"

Thoughts from a wonderful poet that made my mind run free..

"
Asking myself for so many years why do I go through the tribulations I go through and why was I dealt the hand I hold?
Nights never sleeping just withered thoughts and an uncertain soul,
Walking In darkness Is how I describe It-My days, my feels and my role,
Wanting so much to find sanity, going the wrong way In circles simply I'm out of control,
Do you have these thoughts? That pierce your skin or constant Ideas of how to take control?
Do you hear the voices I hear whispering one minute then screaming like vultures? Please tell me you do because every morning I'm awakened by crows.
I see clearly, well I thought I did. Are visions of blood and remains on clothes normal to behold?
Is It wrong to Imagine the worst of things and tingle from the sensation that glows?
I see everything from dripping roses to birds who can capture your soul, 
I hear the clouds talk to me and trees hug me when I'm cold,
It's not always beautiful to most but even an eagle stripping flesh Has It's own beauty It holds,
There are so many sounds, pictures, voices, colors and I love the feeling deep within It scolds,
It's when I escape my mind that asylum we live In through that trap door deep within our fantasies that only we can mold!
It can be whatever I want, whenever I want and no one else can take control,
I escape every minute of everyday so I can continue life's stroll..

© 2011 silentpoet


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Many of us have gifts that we have to learn to control and utilize as positive things in our lives and the lives of others. We all have a purpose and sometimes our purpose is way different than that of the average. I believe when we take what we feel and see and find the good in it and attempt to find ways to use this in a positive light then we take control and move forward. An excellent confessional piece.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

very nice piece i like the images you create. Very pretty in a dark way

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
TJ
Very nice write! There us beauty everywhere!

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is a beautiful telling of one finding beauty even in the most ugly. A common trait amongst many writers and artist I think. Nicely done.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is an amazing poem and I'm glad to see you have the strength to have control over your life(where ever you want to take it). I finally do and I'll never let another person take that away from me wither is trying to control my self image or my actual life. No person, persons, or magazine will ever change me or make me do something I don't want to do. Very inspirational keep up the good work.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Many of us have gifts that we have to learn to control and utilize as positive things in our lives and the lives of others. We all have a purpose and sometimes our purpose is way different than that of the average. I believe when we take what we feel and see and find the good in it and attempt to find ways to use this in a positive light then we take control and move forward. An excellent confessional piece.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

285 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 15, 2011
Last Updated on June 15, 2011

Author

silentpoet
silentpoet

jackson, TN



About
I am a single parent who always had the passion to write my all. poetry, books,stories even my thoughts. I love to read and learn anything new and I enjoy making my own music as well as writing my own.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Within Beauty Within Beauty

A Poem by Hayley


Cruelty Cruelty

A Poem by Letemdangle