High School Story

High School Story

A Chapter by Lonely Shadow

Chapter Text

I was left to my own devices in the apartment. I found my bedroom, and it was much bigger than my last room. I had a king sized mattress all to my self as well as a walk in closet and bathroom. I put my clothes in the closet and my toiletries in the bathroom. I set up my side table and flopped on my mattress. I took out my phone and called Dad.

"Cesario, how are you, doll face?" Dad greeted me before the first ring even sounded.

"I'm okay. Mom went off to the store," I stated, "he already wants me in high school."

“What high schools are we talking about?” Dad asked.

“He’s got a list over here on a memo pad,” I picked up a memo pad with school information on it, “looks like some place called ‘Novak Institution for the Academics’ and ‘Jehovah School for the Elite’ is on here.”

“Cessy, baby, tell him you want to go to the Novak Institution. It’s a much better school than J. S. E. which is nothing but a bunch of prep kids who live on trust funds,” Dad said forcefully.

“Okay, that sounds cool,” I said to make him feel better.

"Dear, how are feeling about the apartment? It's not disgusting, is it? Is there food? Is there clothes and a bed for you?" Dad pelted me with questions.

"Everything's fine, Dad. No reason to turn into the Inquisition," I stated softly.

"There was another kidnapping in Kaos, Cesario. Are you safe? Is there guards by the doors?" he continued on.

I grit my teeth, "seriously, Dad? I'm fine! There's nothing to worry about!"

"I'm sorry I'm worried about my son!" he replied, "okay, gamma!"

"Don't hit me with that; you know I hate it," I stated sternly.

"Cesario, can I not protect you from the big bad outside world?" Dad mocked me.

"Good bye, Dad. I love ya," I hung up.

Gabriel came home and showed me my bounty. All of my notebooks were blue or red as were everything else. I wanted to comment that I'd be a Batman, not a Superman, but I decided against it. I stretched and found an excuse to go out onto the balcony. Butterflies danced in my stomach. My wings ached like they did when I was nervous.

"Hi!" a voice called above my head.

I glanced up to see a brunette angel hanging from the balcony above me. He smiled and fluttered down to my side. I stepped back, shy of this newcomer. He stretched and glanced at me. I crossed my arms across my chest.

"Name's Eddie Waters, and I'm Brimstone's nephew. As in the famous war general Brimstone. Winner of the last Tribute Games," the guy sounded friendly enough.

"Cesario Novak," I stated.

"You're LUCIFER'S son?" Eddie halfway shouted, "such an honor. What brings you to Lindenguard, Prince of Rebellion?"

"Visiting family and trying out high school. Mostly for the social aspect. Never really had an issue with education. My mother thinks I need help making friends."

"Dude, you're famous around Novak Institute! Oriel is dying to admit you to the school. Everyone is patiently waiting Gabriel's announcement of your school choice," he chattered.

"I'll be sure to not disappoint," I promised, "Dad already wants me at Novak Institute."

"That's really awesome," Eddie smiled, "I guess you could say I'm the captain of the football team."

"What's our mascot?" I cocked my head, a bit amused by his rambling.

"We are The Gilded Griffins. Don't ask. I would've gone with a mastiff since Oriel loves mastiffs. He's got a dog named Alessandro."

"Eddie, you twit! Get back up here!" a feminine voice called Eddie back up to balcony.

"Catch ya later, classmate!" he saluted and flew back up to the balcony above.

I laughed and went back inside. Gabriel was on the phone. Always busy, he was. Guess that's what you expect. He's the archangel of communication, after all. I guess it came with the job title. I dared to listen in.

"Well, I'll be telling him soon, Luka, my love," Gabriel's voice was like music to my ears. He paused and then continued, "Lucifer, he's already met Eddie. The priestess said it would complicate things. I just hope it doesn't get in the way of him being a guardian angel. Skyllar's been dying to meet the little guy. Well, not little, but you get the idea. And not actually dying..." He made a face, "oh shut up. You got this excited when I was pregnant with Cesario. You ranted and raved and wouldn't shut up the entire nine months."

"Guardian angel?" I blurted aloud.

"Oh, you'll figure it out later," Gabriel waved his hand at me, walking into his bedroom.


© 2016 Lonely Shadow


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

You write clearly And build up anticipation. I only read the first chapter but I will visit again. I love the way you marry the 'normal' with the imagined. Very clever.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Lonely Shadow

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much!
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
A good continuation......

You have fleshed out the dialogue in this chapter very well and introduced some background and new foundations for the following chapter.

Keep up the story....good so far.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Lonely Shadow

7 Years Ago

Thanks so much! I appreciate your feedback.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
2 Reviews
Added on December 16, 2016
Last Updated on December 16, 2016


Author

Lonely Shadow
Lonely Shadow

About
I'm sixteen, and I love writing stories. My work is geared toward the LGBT+ community. more..

Writing