Chapter 3: Flatline

Chapter 3: Flatline

A Chapter by Lonnie Paul Johnson
"

The plan seem to be working, but the First Lady is clinging to hope that vex the Prince

"

FLATLINE

 

The unnatural virus within the President is crafty, able to deceive the body senses of detecting an enemy agent.  The evil Invaders that hell conceive, energize by hate and transmitted on the wing of fear.  The Prince gave it a name, ‘steal,’ and a purpose, ‘kill,’ so the germ mutated with a cold virus to become the ‘destroyer.’  The wicked army captures healthy cell draining life from them getting stronger as it strikes.  The immune system counter attack with it line of defense to contain the blitzing squad, but its efforts fail as the devil virus surpass them.  Immediately bombardment of anti-bodies attach themselves to the traveling scourge trying to slow it down, but undaunted it continue advancing.  The marching legion defeated the last line of defense conquering the T-Cell, organs failing as the body spiral into death.

 

David Nixon, chief of security had a feeling that something is odd with the President, observing he looks normal.  David would ask him through out the day ‘everything ok?’ and ‘how you feel?’ the President answered thumbs up moving energetic like he on the campaign trail.  David knows to trust in his gut keeping a keen eye on his body language.  Eleanor hearing his voice and touch of his skin knew her spouse is ill, suggesting that he cancel today events leave for home early to rest.  The President decline to withdraw from today’s agenda but he promise his wife as soon they arrive in DC he will relax.

 

The president has always push hard ever since he ran for congress twenty years ago, he did not give any attention to a sore throat and a contain dry mouth.  Throughout day, his joints soar making his muscle ache, his personal doctor Hondo Obama giving pain medicine thinking he caught a cold urging that he need rest.  The motorcade enter the tarmac of Charles De Gaulle airport where Airforce One is station ready to take off, the President gingerly left the car slowly hike up the stairs instead of his usual trot to the doorway giving the cheering crowds the departing power wave.   

 

During the meal, he did not have an appetite for food but kept drinking water trying to satisfy his thirst, Eleanor wanted him to settle down after dinner, but he choose to talk strategy with Jo Reagan.  His eyes blur reading polls numbers standing pacing around to ease joint pains trying to clear his mind.  David notice his eyes flickering, Jo saw his hands trembling and his wife glance up from reading her book to see him lose conscience collapsing.  She bound to her feet yelling out his name David sprint to grab him, Jo leap from his seat holding upright dragging him to the infirmary.  

 

Dr Hondo set him on the exam table opening his shirt attaching medical monitoring devices show blood pressure and heart rate.  Janet, watching the doctor frantically working giving fluids pumping drugs to stabilize the President, Eleanor standing at end of the table hands folded up to her chin clutching a small cross mumbling a prayer.  “Mmmm,” moan the Prince in satisfaction feeding off fear and despair.  Some of the staff and cabinet leaders close by stop their activities listening to the commotion of voices and beeps of machinery.  Suddenly the people heard the mono electronic tone emanating from the infirmary ‘Flatline!’  That sound drawing there collective dreads overtake them.  Jolt-Beep-Beep flatline, the doctor using the defibrillation trying to restart the President heart, he kept up the process with no result for 30 minutes Jo grab Hondo arm as he turn looking at the group around the President defeated.

 

“He is dead,” Jo, said what no one wanted to say the doctor nodding his head in agreement.  David frustrated left the room to prevent any more from entering the area, voices fills with tears cried out ‘Oh my God!’  The silent group of Jo, Mia, Ken, Eleanor and others gazes with disbelief the Prince pace behind them very pleased.

 

“Well boys and girls I hope you had learned that I am the god of this world, its mine kingdom, I decide who rule or not, I decide who live or dies.  This is only the beginning,” scanning the crushed faces until his eyes fell on the First Lady not crying fingers clasp holding the miniature cross, he advance close to her annoyed, “you are a fool still believing on Him after everything that has happen to you.”  Demons gathering in the conference room celebrating their victory dancing on the tables singing satanic songs, the Prince whispering in her ear, “Breaking you will be the icing on this wonderful cake.  WHERE IS HE?” Shouted the Prince is voice ring like thunder, “I thought He will never forsake you.” laugh the Prince twirling as he joins his fellow devils in celebrations.

 

Meanwhile Tracy remains on her knees weeping feeling rejected in her emotion, ‘God can’t love me, and I’m no good.’  Condemnations is tormenting her soul due to the shame and guilt in her mind, then a gentle wave of thoughts springing from her spirit entering in her soul.  ‘…God is love.’[i] She stop crying listen to her spirit, ‘…Forgiveness of sin through his name.’[ii]  Standing to her feet, she accepts the Words of encouragement, speaking aloud.  “Oh Tracy; I know God love and forgive me.  I’m sorry Lord in a weak moment I let my flesh rule,” she pause wiping her face, “and I accept your forgiveness, I’m glad one of us was strong---”  She pause remember the look on Mark face as he left, knowing in her heart that she need to apologize, but feared his reaction.

 

The two demons crouching on Mark shoulder bombarding his mind with their erotic images of Tracy, he feeling condemn unable stop sexual thoughts.  ‘Give in to it, it won’t hurt anybody.’ Demons speaking in Mark ear.  Bursting from his spirit like a waterspout Words of power flood into his soul, ‘…for we have the mind of Christ.’[iii]  Mark sat straight in his chair, ‘…Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.’[iv]  Leaping from his desk angry and determines to fight, “I have the mind of Christ and these thoughts are not from God or from me!”  Pacing his small space, “I’m being attack by Satan!”  Mark realize those thoughts is not his but from the enemy, “Thank you Lord that you gave me the power to resist the devil.  Now in the name of Jesus, satan I cast you out of my mind back to the pit you go!”

 

The demons halted frighten scanning the area as Mark praising God, the demons scream and shriek holding each other seeing a vortex forming swirling open, “No let us stay!” they howl as a lighting whip wrap around them causing their gray bodies shake in pain snatching them screaming into the utter darkness of the pit as the vortex vanish.

 

Mark freed from the demons thinking good thoughts about his wife, family and wholesome images of Tracy joyful praising God more words kept entering into his soul. ‘Anything is possible if a person believes;’[v] ‘…through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think.’[vi]  Mark pounder those words perplex lifting his head seeing Tracy in the doorway her hands together rubbing tips of fingers, Mark step forward to her nervous.  “Tracy I’m so sorry what I did in the storage room, I was wrong and I betrayed your friendship…” startle looking at him she took his hand.

 

“No, you did nothing wrong, it all my fault I lure you with me so we can be alone,” explain Tracy, “I enjoyed your company and I took it too far because I was lonely for attention, but that no excuse.”  Their eyes focus on each other unexpectedly started giggling.

 

“Tracy, I will forgive you if you can forgive me,” she agreed shaking hands sealing the deal both relieved joyful that the relationship set right.  Then they heard a woman voice lamenting outside the office Tracy and Mark peek to see who mourning.  Tracy recognizes a fellow flight attendant, Mary Washington leaning against the wall hands covering her face weeping into it, Tracy grab her shoulders.

 

“Mary!  What wrong?”

 

“You---don’t know,” speaking with weeping voice, “He dead---The President is dead!”  Hearing those words sadness, despair and hopelessness rising in Mark heart, he knew that he could not let those emotions overtake him remembering Words he heard when he was praising God.  He glances at Tracy consoling Mary reaching over pulling her toward him; she surprise staring at Mark.

 

“I’m sorry Tracy, this might sound cruel but you can’t get emotional now,” she looking at him confuse, “when I was praying I heard God speaking in my spirit saying: Anything is possible if a person believes.  We have a job to do.”

 

“What can we do he’s dead,” Said Tracy, Mark viewing toward the Presidential suite.

 

“With us alone nothing, but we are not alone, so I’m expecting a miracle,” Mark speaking boldly, Tracy turn to observe Mary crumble to the floor in sorrow.  He shrugs his shoulders scratching back of his head, “she will be ok.”  Tracy not sure what Mark wanted to do walking with him in the direction of the President chamber passing depress people in shock standing around not knowing what to do.



[i] 1 John 4:16 (NIV)

[ii] Acts 10:43 (NIV)

[iii] 1 Cor 2:16 (NLT)

[iv] Phi 4:8 (NLT)

[v] Mrk 9:23

[vi] Eph 3:19



© 2012 Lonnie Paul Johnson


Author's Note

Lonnie Paul Johnson
In this chapter I wanted to describe the death of the President as an invading army against his body. The Prince is fulfilled as a person in the mist of human suffering and if anyone cling to hope (IE: First Lady) it vex him to no end. In this chapter a question his raise by the Prince and the answer is simple He is in the heart of the one who have to Faith to believe. I hope you like this chapter please make comments, thanks

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

184 Views
Added on February 13, 2012
Last Updated on February 13, 2012


Author

Lonnie Paul Johnson
Lonnie Paul Johnson

fort Worth, TX



About
I loved writing stories, when I was young I wrote very simple and crude stories base off of TV shows and movies I seen at the time. An event happen when during that time I believe influence my writin.. more..

Writing