the start?

the start?

A Story by kayleigh

The darkening sky growled at the world below, Lashing out with strong bolts of light. Rain continuously pounded at the ground, turning the stone paths and roads into mud covered mush. A lone man dared to venture out into the storm. He walked the streets slowly with seeming less effort. The wind lapped at this long black cloak viscously. He held up his hood covering most of his face with his hand.

He walked with his head slightly down, with an air of confidence about him but still blending in to his surroundings. He stopped outside a old brick building with grubby windows and a door in desperate need of attention. He opened it and stepped inside.

Pulling down his dripping hood, the man continued to walk straight ahead to the house owner. He was middle aged with long brown hair pulled back into a loose ponytail by blue ribbon. He wore a dirty cream shirt with several stains and mud patches and a dark blue waistcoat, buttoned over the top which was also in need of a wash. He had a friendly face, bronzed, grubby skin, chestnut coloured eyes and a chiselled jaw. He had a warming smile. "ale?" he asked cheerfully. The man grunted in reply pulling a leather pouch out of his cloak at the same time. He pulled the dark worn out martial, opening the pouch. "I’m the keeper call me Wiggy'' The man then went behind a wooden bar and pulled out a brown bottle and a chipped mug. As wiggy poured the thick liquid the other man had taken a seat the other side of the bar.

© 2011 kayleigh


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

you need to re-read this because some parts dont make sense. otherwise it's good

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

168 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 18, 2011
Last Updated on February 18, 2011

Author

kayleigh
kayleigh

About
I joined this site after hearing about it from friends, I'm mainly into fantasy! XD I'm not much for sharing what i write or how i feel so lets just see how it goes? more..

Writing
the feeling. the feeling.

A Story by kayleigh