The lost

The lost

A Chapter by heart of an angel
"

prologue

"
Today is the last day of December and the beginning of a new year, when families come together or friends to celebrate the end of one year and a beginning of a new one,and  planing new goals and wishes for a fresh new start.  This year was my aunt's turn to host a new year's party at her house in La Jolla since last years was hosted at our home in Eastlake.
  the day grew dark  as the moon took it's place in the middle of the sky for the world to see , my parents and I got dressed and ready for the New Years party and headed out the door.  On the way to La Jolla, I got a deep sick feeling in my stomach as if something bad was going to happen soon but I didn't think much of it, just thought of it as a feeling of excitement. 
As we drove down the 805 highway, we got close to passing the Plaza Bonita mall, a drunk driver speeding over 90 in a Mazda switched into our lane and crashing into  the side of our Camery cause us to spin on to our side and as we thought the worst had passed a semi truck was headed straight for us and even though he tried breaking it was too late.
  I rose my hands above my face and screamed from the bottom of my lungs,the semi had hit the right side of the vehicle, the car flipped twice in a fast moving motion it seemed so unreal.
  
 I was now up-side down hanging unconscious, the truck driver as well as other drivers that were welling to rescue three helpless lives trapped in a damaged car came running after us. As soon as i saw this mysterious looking  man, I thought I had knew. Breaking the window to save me, my world grew dark and silent as my eyes closed slowly shut.
As my eye's began to arouse I could feel the warmth of the sun gleaming on me, the walls around me were white as snow even the bed sheets that hugged my body, the more I grew more aware of myself I began to realize I wasn't home I was in a hospital bed connected to a heart monitor and injected to an Iv. When I tried to move my body began to ache with soreness and felt so light headed, I think I was close to fainting.
Laying on my pillow helplessly trying to figure out what had happen to me?  where were my parents?  Before I could ask myself another question a nurse in her early 20's walked in with a smile so wide and bright you would think she was a walking star, she had blond curly locks that touched the bottom of her neck and ocean blue eyes that stood out from her heart-shaped face.
" It is so good to know you finally awaken she, said.  What do you mean I finally awaken? What happen to me? Where are my parents? " You don't remember, Natalie"?  No, I really don't, can you please tell me what happened. "I'm sorry but that is not my job, I'm not the one to tell you, detective Coopman is the one you want to talk to but don't worry he'll be here shortly to check up on you like he usually does on his lunch break.
 The only thing I could tell you Natalie is that you been in a coma for about three days, we thought if you didn't wake up soon we were going to pronounce you died and unplug you, consider yourself lucky.  you really gonna give up hope on me in just three days that's kind of harsh but it doesn't matter anymore I feel okay but where are my parents, seriously  please just tell me, your making me so impatient. She just walked out as if the words I spoke didn't even exsist.
Staring into the plain ceiling I lost myself in a dream,  Flashes of a horrible crash that I happen to be in as well as my parents scrabbled through my mind like a never ending horror film. Awakened by a man sitting next to me with my hand in his while his head faced down in a prayer position,  he notice my hand moved away he looked up towards me in a flash and smiled as if his prayer had been answered, he looked like he could be Jensen Ackles twin just a little older looking.
 " I knew you would wake up soon Natalie, never gave up on you".  Who are you? I'm detective Coopman, Okay, can you answer my questions because nobody in this hospital wants to tell me anything about how I ended up here or where  my parents are and have they came to visit me when I was stuck in a coma for the past three days.
You and your parents were in a car crash, a drunk driver smashed into the side of the automobile and made it spun and soon a semi truck flipped your car, it was a horrible crash I have seen and i'm sorry Natalie but your parents didn't make it out alive, No, there not there alive I cried, I'm sorry Natalie , we tried are best to save them. He held me in his arms for a while than left me alone for my world to crumple  around me, I could feel my heart shatter like a glass bottle thrown to a brick wall, my eye's began to red and swell with raindrops like a never ending waterfall, I was truly alone and the dream I had was not just a dream it was a memorie of what had happen to me three days ago, I cried a million tears non stop till the point I had gotten tired and was sound asleep.
Two days later, I woke up feeling like I had no heart but I was excited to be getting out of the hospital and able to get a taste of fresh air again.  My nurse Beth came in with her usual smile and happy to see me face, Today is the day you can walk out of this place like a free women, she said I know I'm really glad. Well you seemed to heal very fast that you have amazed Dr. Gilbert with your results. Oh Natalie I almost forgot you have a gift sent by some mysterious young  handsome man, I'll be right back I left it with Katy for safe keep till you woke up so I can hand it personally to you. Why didn't he just come and leave it himself ? I told him he could go visit you but he said he insisted he didn't want to disturb you,  Oh okay. I'll be back in a minute, eat some of your breakfast while i'm gone.
While waiting for her to come back with my anonymous gift, I finished my oatmeal and an other nurse came in and disconnected me from the heart monitor and took me off the Iv and the doctor came in to check up on me but mostly to say goodbye.  Natalie! Beth yelled, while coming in the room with excitement, she held a mid size gift bag that was pearl white with baby blue polka dots and  had baby blue and white tissue paper popping out in different directions. Are you sure you don't have a boyfriend she said, I think I would know if I had a boyfriend but I do know for sure that I'm still single .
 Then maybe you have a secret admire, hmmm who knows. So are you going to open it Natalie?( haha ) yes since you seem very eager to see what's inside my gift bag, Well nothing exciting that's  cute and romantic happens here so of course I'm eager to know what this handsome man got you.  Throwing up the tissue in to the air like a child tearing up a wrapped Christmas gift, I uncovered a caramel colored teddy bear that had white feathered angel wings and a baby blue ribbon bow wrapped around its stuffed neck.
 
 awwwww! Natalie , he bought you a angel bear. that is so cute and sweet, he must know you from somewhere, wait look Natalie there is a note inside. Can I read it? Go ahead read it to me while I change out of this gown, detective Coopman said he was going to pick me up at a 11:00 and its already 20 minutes before he'll get here. As Beth read the note, it read " Hope you get well soon and that this angel I sent you would watch over you and make you feel safe when you feel alone or scared". Did it say his name? No, that's all he wrote on the note Natalie, but it's really cute that he shows that he cares for you. 
slipping on my new brown,Flurry Airwalk Moc that Beth got me as a gift from Payless, I completed my winter outfit. Well look at you Natalie you look so alive. What is that supposed to mean? I didn't mean it like that its that you have this glow shimmering on you. Thanks detective, I smiled. You don't have to keep calling me detective you know I have a name too, call me David, okay David I replyed. Come sit in this wheel chair so we can get out of here and catch some lunch.  
As i got into David's jeep I looked back to the hospital I said, good bye to my past and said, hello to a new beginning without my parents in my life, but I knew everything happens for a reason and this was a something I had to figure out on my own but for now I had to pick up all my broken pieces. Natalie! Beth cried while running out of the hospital with the angel bear in her hand, I believe this belongs to you Missy, Thank you ,Beth. I'm sure going to miss you.
 Just promise me not to get hurt I don't want to see you here again unless it's to come see me. I pinky Promise Beth. saying my last farewells to the nurses and doctors I made friends with, David put the last of my get well gifts inside the jeep and we were soon driving away.
 




© 2011 heart of an angel


Author's Note

heart of an angel
sorry for grammar problems

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
Added on October 5, 2011
Last Updated on October 17, 2011