CHAPTER VI – WRATH

CHAPTER VI – WRATH

A Chapter by Maximus. R.

Previous Version
This is a previous version of CHAPTER VI – WRATH.



CHAPTER VI �" WRATH

Tubal-Cain and his men soon began engaging the amphibious terrorists yet again. Predictably, humans were no match for the Leviathans. But at least they were fighting yes indeed, they fought and fought hard, and some died with honor. Tubal-Cain was still alive, fighting like a mad man, with such rage and great vengeance, for all of his men were now dead, killed by the same beasts which were now conspiring to take his very life. As the fighting continued, the Anakim appeared to be on the winning side of the battle. Nobody seemed capable of confronting the Leviathan's leader, Dagon, except for perhaps King Og. But he was nowhere to be found. The dire task fell to Tubal-Cain and Demete, who combined their forces to defeat Dagon. While Demete attacked from above, Tubal-Cain struck down below. Yet Dagon could not be defeated. Meanwhile, the water level had become increasingly high inside the palace's yard. Tubal-Cain maneuvered with difficulty while trying to avoid Dagon's attacks.

Then, it happened Tubal-Cain received a devastating blow to the head. While perched on one of the ledges of the palace, King Og looked down, and said “You have spilled enough blood for today. Why don't you pick on somebody your own size?" He jumped down from where he once stood and landed between Dagon and Tubal-Cain's twitching body. King Og was now the only person standing in Dagon's way, preventing the amphibious tyrant from killing Tubal-Cain. Demete rushed to Tubal-Cain's rescue, but he was a tad too late, for Tubal-Cain was starting to go into shock. Demete lifted him and dragged him away toward a safer zone. Tubal-Cain's body began to shiver as blood rushed out of his nose and mouth. Indeed Tubal-Cain's wounds were fatal and there was nothing that could be done to save him. The king coughed up more blood, and eventually died.

While covering Tubal-Cain's cadaver Demete tearfully said "Here's to death, you whom has brought fear in the hearts of many and an end to all inequities, I salute you. Even tough your duty is not eulogized, but yet if it were not for your indispensable chore, pain an suffering would have infinitely reigned." As a witness to the death of Naamah, Tubal-Cain's younger sister, Demete found himself greatly disturbed that Naamah’s older brother, Tubal-Cain, now lay lifeless in his arms. And when menacing thunders and lightning erupted in the sky, he welcomed it--it was an outward manifestation of the storm raging inside him. Filled with rage and incapable of sustaining this perilous emotion much longer, Demete released a brute cry of anger. He then picked up Tubal-Cain's axe of destruction, extended his mighty wings and flew upwards, higher and higher toward the rainy sky. He went way passed the dark clouds and then like a falcon plunging down on its prey, Demete descended upon Dagon and with a single stroke of his axe, he sliced the Leviathan King apart in two, killing him instantly! Then Demete walked nine paces before falling dead himself, as he had been intoxicated by the Leviathan's fatal sting.

Cain still had the Lucifer dilemma in his hands and he had no idea how to get himself rid of him. “Quit messing with our guest, Lucifer,” said a female’s voice rising from the river behind. Within the bounds of Hell Cain could not see who it was at first, but the voice sounded quite familiar to him. Cain turned around, and to his surprise, it was his dearly beloved wife Serena. “Why did you forsake me, woman?” said Cain. She rose herself from the water and exposed her complexity to him. Cain’s spouse was none other than the exotic mermaid, the half-woman, half-fish entity which Lilith had created in Hell. The amphibious Serena is the only creature capable of going in and out of Hell this is due to her ability to navigate the channels of the abyss and enter into the human world via the ocean. Cain’s discovery of Serena down by the river and his falling in love with her were not coincidences after all. She had been sent into the human realm by Lucifer with the sole purpose of over-populating the Earth with her offspring. Cain remained skeptical after he was reprimanded, Cain was led to believe that he could still have a normal life, until he drowned and died. Yet here he was, alive again and revived at the very age that he had murdered his siblings. Lucifer sarcastically began mocking the Holy Spirit by repeating its decrees, “My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, for he is indeed flesh; yet his days shall be one hundred and twenty years.”

Lucifer found this statement amusing, for Cain and many other humans had lived past the one-hundred-and-twenty-year mark. Then he addressed Cain in a more serious tone of voice, saying, “As for you Cain, you are now an immortal being.” He explained to Cain that since he now had successfully transcended death, he was now experiencing a metamorphosis that was simply the synthesis of his curse. He then said,” You will become an everlasting wanderer of the earth because of the atrocities you committed against your siblings. The ground will no longer yield its strength to you. Your days as an omnivore is now at an end, for any nutrients, regardless of its origin as plant, seed or fruit, would spontaneously disintegrate on contact.“ Then, jokingly Lucifer said, “Ah! It seemed that you’ve gotten yourself in a predicament.” “Oh! Leave him alone! Come on, Cain,” said Serena. Cain walked over towards Serena, mumbling, “I despise him.” Lucifer then yelled from a distance, “I heard that!” Serena took Cain with her and submerged in the water. Under the water, she placed her lips on his, as if she were kissing him. But to Cain, it did not feel like a kiss it felt as if she was draining the very life out of his body.

Cain panicked and pulled back. “Relax, it’s not like you are going to drown and die. You are an immortal, remember?” Serena was communicating with Cain, and yet her lips were still on his lips. Using a technique called mental telepathy, Serena was communicating directly from her mind to Cain’s, while remaining speechless. Greatly impressed Cain wondered how Serena was capable of performing such amazing deeds. “Watch and learn,” said Serena, telepathically. She also had the ability to read Cain’s mind, using the same method. Cain became even more curious. Serena then revealed to him a shocking secret--one that she had been harboring for many years and he was beginning to ponder himself. Shortly after it was revealed to Cain that Serena's true form was that of a half-woman, half-fish, he tried to figure out how she had begot her legs when she was living on the surface. Serena told him, “My legs belong to none other than your sister Norea. That’s the reason why her body was never found.

After Cain committed his heinous crime of passion, he disposed of his siblings bodies in a nearby lake. Adam and Eve later discovered Abel’s body, but not Norea's. Under normal circumstances, Cain knew that he would have been devastated to hear this news, but at that moment, he did not care anymore. He did not care about being alive or dead; he did not care about heaven nor that he was in hell. Cain just did not care about anything. That day, Serena taught Cain many things, including the ability to drain one’s soul and energy; she taught him the power of invisibility, telekinetic, empathic voice manipulations, and the capability of detecting human emotions, such as fear and lust. Resurfacing from the water anew, Cain was more assertive, energized, and thrilled by his newly acquired powers. It was unclear what Cain had mutated into, but everyone in Hell was eager to find out.

“MANTICORE�"-ATTACK!” Commanded Lucifer while seating on his high throne. The putrid beast did not hesitate for one moment before discharging his deadly spines against Cain. Cain quickly levitated himself into midair, barely evading the manticore’s vicious attacks. The fallen angels all gathered around in a circle, observing the brutal brawl. Since Cain was the underdog, the new guy, they all cheered for the manticore to win the fight. The manticore fought hard and Cain fought back even harder. In the end, the energy depleted manticore remained defeated on the ground, with Cain emerging victorious. In the heat of the moment and now filled with the additional energies that he had drained from the manticore, Cain decided to take a bold and daring assault on Lucifer. But the ever-vigilant Prince of Darkness swiftly counterattacked, stroking Cain down fast and hard. Lucifer stood over Cain, and said, “I'm the most powerful angel that was ever created, do you really believe that you could defeat me? You’re good, but you’re not that good, Cain.”

Although there was not much Cain could have done to alter the situation, he nevertheless made one last audacious attempt to drain Lucifer’s soul. Unfortunately, he was unaware that since Lucifer was a fiery being and not human, there were no souls of him to be drained. Cain felt utterly vulnerable and overpowered. Then employing his basic human instincts, he looked Lucifer square in the eyes and said, “Can we start over?” Then out of nowhere appeared Lilith, looking as glamorous as always. After yet another bad argument with her former spouse Metatron, she left Heavens to be in Hell with her new lover Lucifer. “I hope I‘m not interrupting your father and son bonding moments,” said Lilith, playfully.

While he lay helpless on the ground, Cain had a confuse expression on his face, skeptical of what he had just heard. He turned to look at Lilith, and then he looked at Lucifer, and in protest said, “Adam is my father, not him!” As Lucifer was retreating to his throne, he said, “I am the infamous Lucifer, the first of the fallen and you are my son Cain. On this day, I have begotten you. Ask of me, and I will give you the nations for your inheritance, and the ends of the earth for your possession.” Cain stood up and angrily said "How could this even be possible? Look at what I've become, a Vampire, you can have it all Lucifer, I want no part in your empire of dirt.” Cain was furious, he refused to believe that before he was brought into life, Lilith had somehow altered his DNA so that he inherited Lucifer’s genes instead of Adam’s. Although Cain did not share any of Lucifer’s physical characteristics, they were both very much alike in temperament.

Despite Cain’s rash protests, he was genuinely Lucifer’s son. “The words that Lucifer spoke are true, my love. Listen to him,” said Serena. Then Lilith made known to Cain their grand scheme of how she and Lucifer planned to overthrow the Heavens. She then said, “Cain, your participation is very much needed, for you will take part in a vital role during the forthcoming upheaval. Apart from your newly found abilities, you possess another attribute, one that exceeds them all. In you there is a soul, an element which is a constituent part of the Spirit. We plan on collecting an adequate amount of souls from humanity enough to generate a being equivalent to or even more powerful than the Spirit.” With his energy techniques, Cain would be required to consume the malignant souls so that he could ascend and become as powerful as the Spirit.

Then she said to him, “You see, Cain, it is simple. The more humanity sins the more souls you get, and the more souls you get, the stronger you will become.” Cain did not care much about the war with heaven, but he took a strong interest in his becoming more powerful. Perhaps this was because he wanted to eliminate the remaining part of humanity in him, or maybe because he did not want exist as a vagabond, cursed to roam restlessly over the earth for an eternity. “That is the most imbecilic idea I’ve ever heard,” replied Cain. Since Cain was not initially confined to the boundaries of Hell, he could depart from it. So Lilith opened a portal and took him back to the surface. While they stood on an islet in the middle of the ocean, Lilith showed him the world that he once knew. It had now been destroyed, submerged by the wrath of the conquering ocean. Lilith announced, “A new world is dawning. If you take part in my conquest, I will make you ruler of the new world order. If indeed Metraton and the Spirit are cast out of Heaven, I would then have the power to bring Norea and Abel back to life. You, Cain, would not have to squander an eternity in guiltiness!”

This was an offer that Cain could not refuse, for this punishment was becoming too great to bear. Cain was thinking to himself of what he has become; an immortal without a cause. "So be it" He said to himself, it didn't make any sense for Cain to get reacquainted with the human world  due to the fact that everyone he knows  are now dead and  eventually would die while he remains forever young. Thus Cain accepted Lilith's offer. Lilith now possessed dominion over all existing dimensions. She was Queen of the Heavens. She had Lucifer, the ruler of the underworld, under her amorous spell, and now with the immortal Cain presiding over humankind, she indisputably reign over all, while Metatron only had Heaven and his angels that remained faithful to him. Gazing toward the horizon, Cain noticed an ark floating on the ocean floor. He raced to the other side of the islet to get a much better view and what he saw was the Anakim king, clinging onto the side of Noah’s ark.

"How am I supposed to rule the world when everything is being destroyed" asked Cain. "Do not worry" said Lilith I know Metatron, despite all this chaos he would never allow mankind to entirely perish, he cares for them too much." With a sudden burst of laughter Cain replied " Ah!, you call this caring?" Heaven does not know humanities pain and suffering, and obviously does not even care neither. If Metatron does care for humanity let him come down from the Heavens and live one day as a human without his divine powers." After a few moments Lilith and Cain returned to Hell. The water receded steadily from the earth, and at the end of one hundred and fifty days the water decreased. Then the ark rested in the seventh month, the seventeenth day of the month on the mountain of Ararat.



© 2010 Maximus. R.




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

8 Views
Added on November 6, 2010
Last Updated on November 6, 2010
Tags: WRATH


Author

Maximus. R.
Maximus. R.

Zambia



Writing
LILITH - Script I LILITH - Script I

A Screenplay by Maximus. R.


LILITh LILITh

A Chapter by Maximus. R.


PROLOGUE PROLOGUE

A Chapter by Maximus. R.