To My Best Friend and Sister

To My Best Friend and Sister

A Poem by Lorna Lee
"

To everyone out there who is lucky enough to have found a friend in a sibling. My sister means the world to me and through the years, I have found that friends will come and friends will go but family is forever.

"

 

To My Best Friend and Sister

 

My sister is someone with whom I am sure

when we are both 80, she’ll always adore

the antics I show her, when she’s feeling down

she can always count on me to act like a clown

 

On a serious note, she is there for me too

Through good times and bad times that I have been though

She never has judged me or turned me away

If people were sunshine, she’d be my brightest ray

 

I wish I could tell her just what’s in my heart

My best friend and my idol, right from the start

We had our tough moments as sisters will do

But no matter how painful, we always pulled through

 

So in closing this poem, my goal you can tell

Is to show her I love her, til’ God freezes hell

Since that will not happen, I’m sure that we’ll be

Like two peas in a pod, just my sister and me…

© 2008 Lorna Lee


Author's Note

Lorna Lee
I wrote this poem awhile ago before I learned that that there is much more to poetry then rhyming. It took me awhile to piece together my thoughts though and I was pretty happy with the end result because it said what I needed it to day. I love you Sis...

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews


Describing a relationship of great consequence is never easy but you have accomplished it quite well. Your poem seems heartfelt and genuine.

Sibling-ties are tenuous sometimes and oftentimes tested. It is a gift of rarity to have a sister such as you have described quite beautifully.

Nice work...

Daniel

Posted 15 Years Ago


Aww, what a sweet write. There are sisters who are inseperable - like you, and those that would like to kill each other - my sister and me- but your right friends come and go, but family is forever.

Great heartfelt write.

Rayne

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a very sweet---heartfelt poem....I hope "Tania" loved it!!!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Siblilng love is one of the strongest and most enduring bonds that exists. I feel much the same way about my brother.
I enjoy having both of you as part of the WC. It facinating seeing the different views that each of you two have on the same subject. Adds a level of coolness to everything!
Great Poem!
Keep up the good writes! :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

When something is written from the heart and soul as this piece was - it shines for all to see. Alter nothing here - it is a special bond that your love for each other has created and your written words have cemented.

Well done - very well done.

Jen-JG

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This touches me very deeply, I lost two of my sister's to cancer just hours apart. One died at 10:30 one day and the other died at 11:22 the next day. It was heartbreaking as well as strange because they both found out they had lung cancer the same day and they pretty much went through the same treatments at the same time. yet they lived miles apart. One lived in Florida and one in Indiana. But what time we did have together was filled to the brim with love and joy.And many beautiful memories were created for me to fall back on and be thankful for the time we had together.
Sometime's when we are pouring our hearts out we aren't looking for elements of how something should be written but more as to what is in our hearts. This came from your heart. and I for one thought it was beautiful and worth more than gold, to your sister. I'm sure she will treasure this.
Thank you for sharing this.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Such wonderfully touching, heartfelt confirmation of my own sense about Tania, who has been a dear friend of mine in this cafe. I hope this loving tribute is in a frame and displayed in her special "me" place. What a rich blessing it is to you both have each other...what a beautiful poem.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is truly beautiful! It is always a wonderful thing to hold family so dear unto our lives.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Aww, Sis, I love this poem! If I read it a hundred times, a hundred tears will fall. Thank you for posting it.

It's great to have you here at the cafe!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

What a truly special dedication! To love your sister so much and be a best friend is such an outstanding blessing in life. She has those special qualities that will always endure, she is really gifted with a special insight and wisdom. Tania is a wonderful person and you are very fortunate to have her as a Sis! Your poem shows so much love and is very dear.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

841 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 10, 2008

Author

Lorna Lee
Lorna Lee

NH



About
more..

Writing
Cloud 9 Cloud 9

A Poem by Lorna Lee


Enabler Enabler

A Poem by Lorna Lee


Denial Denial

A Poem by Lorna Lee



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..