Just me

Just me

A Story by lostapril

I have often found that writing calms many lonely nights and anxious mornings. There are moments in the day when I wish I could just write everything, rather than verbally communicate with the people around me. When I am talking to someone, I struggle to find the words to say exactly what I mean and how I feel. I lose my filter. I have this silly expectation (faith in humanity maybe) that all people should be honest with each other. It feels like that is the right thing to do. But we aren't't, and that leads to mass confusion and false assumptions and hope for something that, in their minds, isn't really there at all- but because we are not honest and upfront, those people never know that nothing will come of their hope. That isn't fair. It doesn't matter if people say, "well my dear, life isn't fair"....life is what you make it and we owe each other as human beings a little compassion and honesty. I wish, I WISH that I could share with people a fraction of what I feel; the smallest bit of hurt and suffering or happiness and awe. Some days, it seems that I experience every emotion all in that one day. Unfortunately, it is hard for me to mask all of my emotions and they end up spewing out for everyone to see. 
So here I am, sitting in my shamrock covered pj pants and writing and I feel...nothing but confident and sound because I know that it doesn't matter what I write....it's just for me. I don't have to try to make anyone happy and I am not writing to explain to someone why I said something in a way that they didn't like. It's just for me.

© 2011 lostapril


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

yes an excellent expression I value ..i know now tha tas writer you will be honest ..I will read you as well...Laury

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

welcome, to this little wayside corner of the writer's cafe . . . I think you will find so many someones who believe in honesty and compassion, human beings who could write everything and struggle with the words to say exactly what they mean and feel

welcome

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

199 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 2, 2011
Last Updated on April 2, 2011

Author

lostapril
lostapril

Kansas City, KS



Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Magnolia Magnolia

A Poem by Poeticadia