The evil Step-dad

The evil Step-dad

A Chapter by Hannah Ryan

       "Oh, Angel, it's not the end of the world."

       I twirled a strand of my light blonde hair and rolled my eyes at my mom while thinking, It's the end of my world, my whole LIFE! I had to pack up all my stuff, leave my friends, and move to Montana just because Steven got transferred here. How is that fair? I wanted to say it out loud, but my mom wouldn't listen. "Whatever," I said.

       "Please, Angel. I know you didn't want to leave your friends, but Steven and I are married. We should be together," my mom argued.

       "Forget it!" I exclaimed, and stomped out the door and into my new bedroom before I could make some stupid comment that would end up getting me grounded or worse.

       Steven Jack was my mom's jerk of a husband. He thinks he knows everything about raising me, which he doesn't. And my mom agrees with him about everything because she's too lovestruck to notice that he's a total jerk. Which is why I made it my personal mission to show my mom that he wasn't "the one".

       A mission I was so close to succeeding at until he had to make us move becuase of his stupid job!

       I sat down on the bare mattress in the room. Most of my stuff was in the boxes in the corner of the room. I got up and started unpacking.

       After I had put my lavender sheets and comforter on my bed and set out a bunch of framed pictures, my radio, and my laptop around my room, I frowned. The room wasn't my room. It looked just like it: fluffy lavender bed, photos of me and my best friends, Stephenie and Megan acting like idiots, and my lamp with a purple puppy dog for a base. But it would never be my room. My room was back in Quartz Cove, Florida, empty and sad-looking. And the room here in Devils Valley, Montana, was just a fake.

       I sighed and decided what to do now. I made a mental list of all the things I needed to survive the next two years until I was eighteen and I could move in with Stephanie, (which she happily offered):

       1. Find friends who are (almost) as cool as Stephanie and Megan

       2. Find an awesome place to hang out when Steven is getting more annoying than usual

       3. Take every possible chance to visit friends back in Montana

       (Maybe) 4. Find a cute guy to hang with

       I smiled at the last one. I'd had a few boyfriends before, but none of them had lasted, usually because teenage guys always want something I'm not willing to give. Yeah, number 4 probably wasn't gonna happen.

       "Angel?" Steven's voice came from behind the door.

       "What?" I called, in my best don't-bug-me voice.

       "You're mother wanted me to talk to you," he replied.

       Okay, so maybe Steven isn't that bad. And I really didn't mind him when we all lived back in Florida in seperate houses. But then he moved in with us, and I couldn't talk to Mom without having Steven right there. That, I could just barely deal with. And then, when he got transferred to Montana, and I heard that we had to move... well, that was the end of me trying to get along with Steven.

       He opened the door and walked in. "Angel, I'm sorry you had to leave your home, but this will be good for you. Your mother told me you've never been out of Florida."

       "I haven't," I replied. I laid down on my bed.

       I heard the door open again and my mom came in. "You'll be okay, Angel. You'll make new friends," she said for like the millionth time in two weeks.

       "Can't you guys just leave me alone?" I asked.

       Mom glanced back at the door, and didn't leave. "Fine," I said. "I'm going for a walk."

       I went downstairs and out the front door. I didn't know where I was going, I just had to get away from them for a while.



© 2010 Hannah Ryan


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

274 Views
Added on September 26, 2010
Last Updated on September 26, 2010
Tags: angel, the, evil, step, dad, stepdad


Author

Hannah Ryan
Hannah Ryan

Lakewood, CO



About
Hair: Shoulder-length, curly (usually flat-ironed, though), brown Eyes: Sort of small, hazel Interests: Reading, writing, watching tv, talking to friends more..

Writing
british british

A Story by Hannah Ryan


Demons Demons

A Chapter by Hannah Ryan