Do You Remember?

Do You Remember?

A Story by Kitty Jane
"

It was raining that night you told me you loved me, do you remember? And its raining now, as your face comes into focus above me. your panting as if you ran to get here

"
It was raining that night you told me you loved me, do you remember?

we had gone to the cinema to watch some film about a zombie invasion. To tell you the truth, I only agreed to it because it made you so happy.
 I can't remember the plot- I spent the whole time watching you.
 I loved to see you mahogany eyes widen with excitement or taunt with laughter.
 I loved to watch you run a hand through your hair without thinking about it.
By the time it had finished, the rain was pouring down as we hurried to shelter on the other side of the street. I stood with my back against the wall with you facing me, just out of reach of the rain.
you told me how pretty I was and tucked a stand of hair behind my ear. I was rooted to the spot as you gazed into my eyes for what seemed like an eternity, and told me you loved me, before kissing me In a way that made my heart skip a beat.


That was the first thing that entered my mind as I heard the drumming of the pavement tonight.
I channeled out the sound of passing cars and people all around me.
 I cant remember how I got here, but I didn't care; the rain is too beautiful for anything to bother me right now.
My lips are slightly parted,as if awaiting your kiss,Small shuddered breaths escape them instead.
I blink, and blink,each time it gets harder to open my eyes again.But I have to stay awake; at least until you get here.


it was raining the day that you told me you loved me, do you remember?
And its raining now, as your face comes into focus above me. your panting as if you ran to get here, and your mahogany eyes are shadowed with pain.
your hand slightly pulling on your silky black hair.
Without thinking about it I try to reach out an arm, but I cannot move.

I want to ask what's wrong,but something tells me, at the back of my mind, I already know.
Cinema tickets, I was waiting, Then.. then a flash of a gun. An ear piercing sound. A scream. My scream.

I try to speak but I choke up blood instead.
You rock me back and fourth, telling me everything is going to be alright.
But its to late for that,there's a hole in my chest now- its far away from my heart but that's missing too.
it shattered into a million peaces the moment I saw you.

I remember the night you told me you loved me, let the memory consume me as I close my eyes. I held on till you got here, but it's too late now.


Do you remember, my love?
That night,the first night you told me.
Tonight my love was the last time,the first and the last.

At least for my last few minutes I had,I was with you,I wouldn't want it any other way.

As I take one last breath, I go back in time to when we stood in this very spot, where the rain danced around us,and wait by the wall, for the day you will join me once again.

© 2015 Kitty Jane


Author's Note

Kitty Jane
this has been posted for a writing comp
thank you for reading xxx
and tell me what you think x

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

92 Views
Added on April 15, 2015
Last Updated on April 16, 2015
Tags: love, lost, death, gun shot

Author

Kitty Jane
Kitty Jane

United Kingdom



About
Hey!, Names Kat, I'm weird, rude, and incredibly bitchy, but i mean well... sometimes ;) I'm a young writer, looking to share my writing!, thanks ;) x more..

Writing