Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Charlotte

How strange is it to think that everyone has a different story. That everyone has a different life, and stranger still that we never stop to consider this. Why don’t we question where those two old men walking down the street together come from; how did they meet? Where are they off to? How did the man on the left lose his virginity?  We all exist in perfect parallel to one another, our paths often never colliding, yet we may live on the same street. I will never know more about those two men other than the fact that they were walking down the street together, they will never know I saw them. See? How strange is it that we exist together within a moment of time yet know nothing about one another. How can there be so many individual lives and stories in the space of one moment of existence, and why do we not chose to go out into the world and attempt to learn as much as we can about others experiences. Think. Think about how many people you see daily, how many smiles you witness or laughs you hear- but can you identify how they came about? We are insignificant. Ants. Each of our lives has no more impact on others than a single rain drop does on the pavement. Does this not bother you? That your existence will be irrelevant to the majority of the planet. Now, I am not talking about lack of fame or popularity with the masses, as the famed and popular are still just as irrelevant as we. For they have two lives, the public: a mere farce to ensorcell and attract the public, and their private: a life we will never know of-  despite of their parallel existence. I am talking about the fact that when walking down a street, any street, people will not be looking at you- rather through you, as they have no interest as to who you are, where you come from or where you are going. Why? Why do we posses no interest as to who others are? Is it because we have lost the innate curiosity of human nature that our ancestors once possessed? Or is it because as a species we have become so self-involved that we have evolved into Hedonian creatures, seeking only to bring about immediate gratification for ourselves?

I bid you, take a moment. Take a moment to look at those whom exist around you. To ponder as to whom they truly are, to what secrets they hide, to what desires they posses. Let’s people watch.

 

 



© 2015 Charlotte


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

71 Views
Added on July 25, 2015
Last Updated on July 25, 2015


Author

Charlotte
Charlotte

United Kingdom



Writing