the beginning

the beginning

A Chapter by writterlover
"

where it all starts

"

Stop.

Life is never easy. There are the ups and there are the downs but you can never decide which come first. Which will be good? Which will be the bad? Finding most of the time that they are bad and only hoping for the good. This is my story on how it came to be that life changed.


I gazed at the water as it rippled a reflection of the moon. A place to think and drift into, leaving the chaos behind and out of sight. Not belonging to the party that lived in the house for the night; Underdressed for the occasion and not in the slightest bit interested in getting involved. Never before had I fitted in to my parents standards or lived up to their expectations, and I had not wished to start. In their world everything was perfect: going to fancy schools, owning millions of pounds, living in ten star mansions, partying all night and socializing all day. Sounds perfect right. Try living with it; no time to make friends and live a normal life. It sucks. I would have gave anything to have had a normal life and move out of that house but it was impossible. I was stuck there until my parents said otherwise.


Couple of hours passed by until the guests started to leave. Finally. Refusing to return inside I wandered around the garden taking in the overly green nature. Wind grew stronger blowing my silky gold hair in and out of sight. I heard my parents calling my name but being the stubborn girl I was, I just ignored it. Night grew darker and shadowed everything around me as if it was capturing the world in its arms. People always said I had a wide imagination. Coldness spread over my body, yet I never gave in to entering that house again. I perched myself onto the damp, soggy ground as I eventually melted into a deep sleep. Some say I sleep as if I was in a coma; once i was gone it was impossible to wake me.


Daylight approached as I was slowly drawn back to life. The smells of smoke that haunted my nose as my eyes opened to a blur of images. Shouting fired out from all directions; ghostly figures reaching for help. When I was finally brought back to reality I couldn't help but stare. Horrific sights that forever live in my mind. Expressionless thoughts hovered around my face as someone screamed words into my ear. ‘Can you hear me?’…. ‘Are you alright!’

Fire blazed across my eyes; windows smashed rapidly as the flames grew stronger. Lives were being torn away as bodies were removed one by one. To much to take in. Ambulances, police cars, fire engines. So many questions. Who? What? Why? I staggered to my feet as my heart raced and blood rushed to my face. Tears welled up in my eyes as I put the pieces together. I wanted the torture of perfectness to end… but not like that! How could this have happened?  Suddenly everything had silenced around me as my brain flashed through images so quickly my head could of exploded. Being dragged towards a car, still unable to look away from the sight that layed ahead. Questions being shot at me at lightning speed. I could only have thought of one thing. They were gone; blown away like feathers. So lost in the world, knowing they can never return. If had listened to them and gone back in that house….I’d be dead. It was my chance to start fresh. To live that normal life I dreamed of. I’d miss them though, they cared for me and I wished them away. It was my fault. It always will be. 



© 2011 writterlover


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

First, I do not believe I would have stated in the first paragraph that everything would turn out alright in the end. Leave that up to the readers to realize after reading the story. Don't give it away too soon.
Secondly, there are a few grammatical errors. Spelling and staying in the same tense. Nothing a little editing and revision couldn't handle.
Third, this is a great story that seems to be developing into a great plot. I am interested in seeing where you will go with this. Keep up the good work :)

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
1 Review
Added on December 20, 2011
Last Updated on December 21, 2011


Author

writterlover
writterlover

hogwarts, NARNIA, United Kingdom



About
I am just human but others call me mental more..

Writing