Infected Knife

Infected Knife

A Story by Aurora
"

The second part to my first short story Love is the Killer You Thought was Your Friend. Samia just never thought she would be haunted by their ghosts.

"

 I wish I could say that the white rooms and the strait jackets were movie props from a horror movie but, unfortunately they weren’t. I was stuck in this insane asylum for something that happened 13 years ago on Halloween. I heard that Halloween was about two weeks away and with it would come the ghosts, the memories, and most of all the emptiness that would take over. “I’m waiting for you.” I hear the soft voice whisper in my ear. She’s come back she always does no matter what.

“I’m coming back for you. I will take my revenge and have your blood on my hands.” She’s angry because I took her life. Soon all my victims will come back bringing with them my horrible crimes. They’ll haunt me until I join them in the afterlife there they’ll torment me for eternity. I stare blankly at the white wall in my room I would’ve left gone out to sit in a chair staring at the TV or doing a stupid puzzle but, I knew that she was coming and I wanted to keep my hysteria to myself. The drugs don’t do any good so I pretend to take them and hide them in my pillow case. I have no idea what the pills are they give me.

I lie on my side in my small bed looking at the wall when I notice a red spot. Standing up I go check it out then there’s more and suddenly the whole room is red and I know it’s the blood of my victims. There were only two victims a brother and a sister and the torment they put me through wasn’t enough. I let the first wave of memories come haunt me when I close my eyes.  It had been the two weeks before Halloween when I had been taken and locked up in that room. I close my eyes giving into the memories that surface that I have only told one person who is now dead.

I had gone back to the house that had held me prisoner I went into the room where I had gotten my first taste of murder. There I had found the mummified corpse of Hayden still in the spot I had left him. His sister had decided to leave that house and find a place in the city where she would get her revenge but, I got mine first. “Love is the beast that will tear out your heart, hungrily lick it and painfully pick it apart.” I hear his smooth voice taunting me in my nightmares.

“Please, Hayden leave me alone.” I whisper to the empty room. I hear the door open and a nurse pops her head in.

“Samia it’s time to take your pills.” She says in a calm voice. I sit up and take the paper cup she hands me. I pour the pills into my mouth and pretend to swallow she walks away without checking to make sure I actually swallowed them.

I went back to that house found his mummified corpse in the same spot I had left him. I sit down next to his body and gently stroke his mummified cheek quietly humming. I sat there like that for an hour or so just humming thinking about what had happened in the past. “Goodbye Hayden I will miss you.”  I had whispered to his corpse.

I lay back down close my eyes and let the ghosts take over in my head. I just lay in that hospital bed ghosts floating around in my head and in my nightmares. When I open my eyes there are their two faces staring at me ghosts that have haunted me for thirteen years. I look at the faces that have become my tormenters. I had been seeing them and listened to them for two weeks and now it was Halloween. I finally get up from my bed to stand and pace back and forth from wall to wall. Suddenly hands come from the wall rotting flesh falling from the hands. I turn to face the two tormentors who left me with nightmares and bad memories. I go to my pill stash and take all the pills. As I slowly fade out the last thing I remember is my head swirling with the memories of what happened thirteen years ago.

I still had my infected knife it was infected with their blood. They weren’t very innocent going from place to place killing innocent women like me except they didn’t kill me. I was the unlucky one I had to relive the worst endless days of my life stuck in that little tiny room. I kept the knife with me while I plotted my revenge on her. After I got my revenge on her I was happy I was free until they both came back to haunt me.

Thirteen years ago they came back for me to remind me of my crime. I was finally dead something they had both wanted. I stand there looking at my body waiting for them to grab me and pull me into the dark emptiness that had consumed me before. I feel his hand grab my arm and it brings back that flash when he had first taken me. I let him lead me through the walls and into tarturus where I would be forced to relive the same fate over and over again.

The prey of the beast screamed “Bloody murder!” I hear the song playing in the background. It was my favorite song at least before he came into my life turning it into a living nightmare. The room around me is dark and I’m a little bit dizzy. I try to lift my arms and kick my legs only to find that they are tied together. I want to scream but, my mouth is gagged. I want out of here I want to be free of this nightmare. Suddenly a door opens and I hear footsteps in the background I know It’s him. He’s looking down at me his dark green eyes serious, “You shouldn’t have tried to leave me. I warned you that I would always find you no matter where you went.”

 He won’t leave me alone, he follows me, he laughs at me and breathes down my neck. I just want him to go away. I’m scared to leave my apartment because he just follows me no matter where I go no matter where I hide he always finds me. “Love is ghost haunting your head, love is the killer you thought was your friend, love is the creature who lives in the dark, sneak up will stick you and painfully pick you apart.” I hear him whisper in my ear. I turn to face him behind me. Hayden had serious dark green eyes; he looked quite handsome when he wasn’t scaring me to death. He had short dark hair and he had an evil smile.

“You’ve made me a prisoner of your own sick twisted reality.” I yell angrily.” I just wanted to be left alone to live my life but, you’ve taken that from me.” I’m angry at him for having thought it was ok to make me miserable and to take away my freedom.

I step back from him but, he grabs my arm I struggle to pull away he just holds my arm tighter.

“I’m not letting you go that easy.” He says an angry smile forming on his lips. He pulls me closer towards him and wraps his free arm around me while I keep struggling making it difficult for him. He pulls a white cloth out of his pocket quickly and covers my mouth and nose with it. Suddenly the world is going dark fading out but, before I’m entirely gone he says, “That’s a whole lot better.”

The next thing I know I’m in that room with the song playing in the background. The prey of the beast screamed “Bloody murder!” I hear the song playing in the background. It was my favorite song at least before he came into my life turning it into a living nightmare. The room around me is dark and I’m a little bit dizzy. I try to lift my arms and kick my legs only to find that they are tied together. I want to scream but, my mouth is gagged. I want out of here I want to be free of this nightmare. Suddenly a door opens and I hear footsteps in the background I know It’s him. He’s looking down at me his dark green eyes serious, “You shouldn’t have tried to leave me. I warned you that I would always find you no matter where you went.” I’m afraid that he’s going to kill me like he has done with the rest.

He was a serial killer going from state to state and town to town looking for the girl to replace his old love. Before, he became obsessed he confessed to me that he was a killer I just never thought I’d be next. For two long weeks I’m tied up in that tiny airless room losing all hope of survival. I only hope that I may be the last victim he kills before he is caught and thrown in prison. I hear the footsteps and the door opens I see him standing there and I know it’s time for another one of his stories. He sits down on the floor next to me and begins.

“The last town I went to there was a girl named Mary. She was perfect but, like you she laughed in my face. She said she didn’t want to be in a relationship with a sick freak like me. I asked her to stop laughing but, she wouldn’t so enraged I stabbed her over and over again then I cut out her heart. I still have it if you’d like to see.” He laughs evilly before standing up to leave the room.

After Hayden left I noticed that the rope around my wrists was a bit loose. I slowly wiggle my wrists and it loosens up a little more. Then I manage to get my right hand free then the left one. As soon as both my hands are free I sit up about to untie my legs when I hear his footsteps returning. I quickly lay back down putting my hands back behind my back pretending to be tied. The door opens again and I see his sinister grin. “Samia it’s your turn to die how should I kill you?” He asks before tilting his back and laughing. Then I notice someone in the doorway it was a woman’s figure.

“Hurry up Hayden we have to leave tonight.” She says in a hushed tone.

“We’ll have plenty of time to leave sis’ I just want to have my fun with her.” He says pointing almost free I still don’t have the strength to fight him. He and his sister starved me so I wouldn’t be able to get away. He bends over me looking for my hands. I notice that he sits the knife down and I grab it after he realizes that my hands are already untied. I stab his hand when it reaches to takes the knife from me. Then I use the little bit of strength to stab him in over and over again just like he did to Mary. I cut the rope off my legs and get up. The door opens and there’s the girl I run over to get out of the room when she sees the body on the floor. When she sees me coming she tries to grab me but, still holding knife I cut her arm leaving a long trail of blood while she screams out in pain. I look for more doors until I find the one that leads outside.

Once outside I notice it’s dark and the house I was trapped in is in the middle of nowhere. Still holding my knife I start walking looking for a road to take me home. While I walk I start to go a little crazy my sanity finally broken. I laugh a hysterical laugh until tears fall down my face. “I’m free finally free!” I yell out at nothing in particular. I keep walking and soon I find a road I don’t notice anyone or anything because I’ve finally lost it.

I keep reliving this nightmare all because he chose me to hurt and torture me. It was always his fault that it ended the way it did all he had to do was let me go.

© 2013 Aurora


Author's Note

Aurora
I wrote this for a horror contest. I was in a bit of hurry and so I didn't have time to edit to much or have time to make it more descriptive. I may try to work on it a little more later when I have more time. I hope you all enjoy the second part to my first short story.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
Added on October 3, 2013
Last Updated on October 3, 2013
Tags: love even after death ghosts hau

Author

Aurora
Aurora

Santa Fe NM, NM, United States Minor Outlying Islands



About
I write several different types of stories and poetry and things. I love to read and write and to share my writing with others so they can give me their own opinions about my writing. more..

Writing