The Brave (part -2)

The Brave (part -2)

A Story by loveless
"

The first one to ask gets the first aid!

"
I opened my eyes. It was too bright to see anything. But slowly soon it started to get little darker. I was laying on a small sheet of cloth. It was hard at the bottom so I figured out that I was on ground. I soon started to making out the things as my eyes adapted to the light. I could see roof made of wood. Light was entering that place from a window towards the right side. Little curtains were trying to stop the light but the wind was pushing all those curtains aside. I soon felt the cool breeze of air on my face. I could also hear the chirping of birds. It was a tree house but made on ground by some inexperienced person.

I got up and walked towards the door. As I touched the door know to open it, I realised that my arm was totally alright. It was somehow fixed. I should have been unconscious for a month. Such injuries don't heal so quick. I wondered why I wasn't in the hospital. I should have woken up in hospital instead of this shed.

I opened the door and the cool breeze hugged me. It wrapped itself around me. My whole body felt the coldness in the air and shivered. But it was a nice shiver. I inhaled as much air as I could. It was refreshing. I inhaled the smell of flowers, of ripen fruits, of the leaves, of the sand, of insects, insects I don't know how but it sure smelled like insect and of sweetness. The air filled my lungs to maximum and I felt whole refreshed when I exhaled all the air.

From the corner of my eyes, I saw the same little boy trying to catch the butterfly. My presence must have scared the butterfly, it flied away. The little boy felt disappointed because he was going on slowly. He turned towards me.

He just stopped and became like a statue. I don't think he was even breathing then, no sign of moving his hand or his legs. I'm no ghost Or he thought I was dead but I became alive. Oh no that isn't the case. I was going to say hi to him and I raised my hand to wave to him but as soon as I raised it to my shoulder level almost, those little green eyes of his started to tremble. He started shaking. He was sweating. Maybe he was afraid of me. But why. I know I am not much handsome but I don't look like ugly, I don't feel like evil to others either. Was something behind me? I looked behind to see but nothing there too. That time I was at least sure it was me he was afraid of.

He started to move behind. Little by little. I didn't knew what I had to do. If I moved more, he would surely be more afraid. My mind was fighting between two opinions. Weather to stop him from going anywhere and asking him why he was afraid of me or I should just let him go without making him more afraid.

At that moment, that small kid was quiet a few distance away from the original position he was in. He hit something. The sound of hitting was faint but enough to be heard. It was the same young man who had saved that child. That was Rene. He looked more bigger from close, I know why, because he is!

"Kyle" he said looking at the kid. Kyle was surprised but he seem to feel alright in his presence. He grasped the leg of Rene and went behind. Peeking at me from the side.

"Kyle, that person is leo, my friend. He won't hurt you."

He was sobbing and still looking freaked out. But he was calmed a little by the words of Rene.

I looked inside his eyes. They had the color of the sky. I envied him that moment because of his eyes. Mine were brown and I loved mine but I also liked his. Perky nose that ended on the little but wide lips which were curled to form a smile.

But something was missing. I could feel something was missing. You know everyone have that sense which feels what is wrong but couldn't figure out what is wrong. I was having that same feeling. It was like he had another side hidden behind that smile. His eyes, they gave me a cold feeling. I need to figure out something.

He slowly walked to me while I was still fighting inside my thoughts about that guy. Many questions were in my head. Was he good? Was he bad? Why did he called me? He didn't seemed to be in any trouble. He looks happy. Then was it all just a trap? But he called me a friend. I just needed to know more about that Rene.

He stood in front of me with that smile still on his face. I must have lingered looking at him for a while because I suddenly realised I was looking at him for a long time. And this thing is impolite.

"Sorry." I said in a very low voice. Low enough to be left unheard by him. He didn't said anything. I wasn't going to say again. I was looking inside my head where these jerk manners of me were gone. I had not greeted him.

I pulled my hands up to shake his hand. But before I could do it, he gave me a hug. He took my hand and forced to to a hug, tapping my back as he put his head on my shoulders. I could feel sadness running through his heart as he hugged me. It was surprising. Before I could even respond. He pulled himself up.

One thing was sure, some of my questions were answered with that hug. He was not any enemy. He was a good one.

"I'm glad you came up here. Thank you for coming." he said to me

I think it was the first time that I would be speaking to him. I didn't knew what to say. I made sure in my mind that I'd directly come to the point.

"Rene."

"Yes."

"Can I please talk to you?"

"Yes you can. Let's head to the small house. It's small but we would be able to talk peacefully there."

He took the lead and I followed him. Kyle was trying to follow us but Rene said to him that he wanted to talk to me in personal.

Before we could even sit on the ground, near the bed that I was sleeping on a few moments ago, he said.

"Leo..." he just said my name, the name the people that know me call me by, and went silent. He wanted to say something.

"Yes"

"I need your help." he said. I had problems of myself too to be solved but here you go. He was first to ask and I couldn't deny him. There was a little bit of disappointment in me that my past bad to wait more because of helping him. It's nice to help. I'll help him and then help myself.

"What happened? I remember you mentioned that in letter too."

"It's about Kyle."

"What about him?"

"He is a fearful child."

"I have seen that. What can I do?"

"I want you to help me bring out his braveness. I've seen his bravery. I know it is there. I know it is hidden inside. I owe him big time. Help me again like you had helped me before." I didn't remembered anything about him either. But I made a promise to myself that I'll help that child first.

"I'll see what I can."

"Thank you leo. I knew I can count on you."

I just smiled. It feels proud that the friends you have are counting on you.

"Will you tell me the whole story about you and Kyle."

"Yeah" as he said that, kyle knocked on the door.

"You can come in now Kyle." he said. The little boy opened the door and directly sat in the lap of Rene. He was having fun there. No worries. No fear of me then. He was happy.

"It all started a month back. I was having trouble in controlling the beast inside me when I came to this town. I couldn't bring my human form.". 'Beast - human form' I must say I didn't expected that. But I knew all these people were weird. He must have thought I knew about him everything and so he continued." People were trying to hurt me. They wanted me to go away. As I had decided I won't hurt anyone, I was running. But they were running after me. Bang, one shot on my feet, bang, another gun shot on my left hand. Don't know what kind of guns were that but they hit bad. I fell on ground. I was bleeding. Though I needed just a little time to heal but if I were caught, I would have been dead by now."

"That must have been worst situation ever." I said. Though I should have said 'what beast?' but I didn't. It felt like I knew it already but the ashes of memories don't remember anything.

"Yep those were. It was paining a lot. My body was worn and torn from running and being shot at. I was getting unconscious. But then, this young boy came to me. I was half out of the world by then but I remember I saw him pulling me. I saw his eyes. The eyes of the brave who didn't got afraid of me. His eyes remembered me of you, of the time you had saved me. Kyle's eyes had same determination and will. I was knocked out cold. The next thing I knew was I woke up in here. Kyle mad it by himself. And about Kyle, he is the son of richest man on this island." Did I heard correct? He doesn't looks like that.

"Really?"

"Yes, his parents have passed away a week before I met him. But he is easily frightened. Everyone knows it and they are using his fear to get all his money. I've been protecting him but I can't stay here long. I need to continue my journey and so he needs to be brave. He is brave but it's just inside him. I need your help in taking out his courage."

"I'll help you anyhow I could." I said.

There was silence for some time. I'm always like that silent one who don't says but who just listens. I can never continue many conversations. But this time I broke the silence.

"Rene." I said

"Yes."

"Can you show me that beast form of yours?"

"Why?"

"I want to see it."

"Don't you remember?"

"Well, I just want to see it again." I acted like I had seen him before. I don't know why I was showing I know everything. I think just the drive to help them first.

"Ok" he said plainly. He stood up. "The place is too small for that. Let's head out." he started to walk out. Me and Kyle followed him.

He stood some steps away from me. He curled his fingers and made a fist out of them. He bent inwards a little bit. It seems he was trying to free something out of him. And he maintained his composure and his abdomen fell behind. That moment, a small burst of light escaped his direction. It was small but it was bright. I had to close my eyes. The first thing that came to my mind was that I remembered that burst of light. It was same as I feel coming out of my eyes and heart potion when I get unconscious. Was I same as him? Was I some kind beast too that Rene had said about himself? I wondered in that short time while I blinked.

The moment I opened my eyes. A beast was in front of me. Literally a beast and that too terrific one. Head like a wold. Long horns grown in his back and little horns on his shoulders, teeth as crystal white, clenched together like two lovers holding their hands, big dark eyes, nose puffed out, legs like a horse but they were actually big world like legs. He was a werewolf.

"Why surprised?" Rene said. His voice was more thick now. Surprised, I was terrified.

"Nothing, it just looks amazing." I said truthfully. It was indeed an amazing sight.

Kyle walked to him and he got down like a horse. Kyle jumped on his back. He was not even a slight of terrified. And then Rene started to run back and forth and in small circles. Little kid was having fun riding that terrific beast who was nothing but a friend of mine. If I was given a free ride by that one or a plain little slide, I'd choose the slide for sure. Rene was right, that boy was really courageous. Kyle was smiling and laughing. First time I saw him not afraid.

Can't he be like that always. By Rene's words I have heard, the answer was no. That boy was too frightful with others. He was afraid of the hateful hearts of others. He was not afraid of beastly forms though. And it looks like Rene always gets between him and others and protects him. I concluded this from the face that he always gets behind Rene whenever he sees someone else. This protection of Rene was kind but it had worsened the boy's situation.

Rene and Kyle shared a bond. Bond that trespasses the physical bond. One was little and one was huge. One was grown up and one was a kid. Rene was like a dad to Kyle. But I know Rene can't stay there forever. Kyle needs to be stronger by himself too. And that's where my work starts.

A plan hatched in my mind.  I was confident that once Kyle have tasted the bravery in himself, he won't go back. I will show Kyle the original source of courage - the will to protect the ones you love.

I was sure I'll make him the brave...

© 2016 loveless


Author's Note

loveless
One last chapter to go...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice. There were a couple lines that I really liked. When the air "hugged" Leo, and when you described the teeth like lovers holding hands, I thought that was very awesome. I am definitely looking forward to the last chapter.
Again like last time, mostly just grammar errors. I know you're probably in the middle of writing the last part now, but I was thinking, what if you combined the events of Kyle's parents dying with Rene being chased? Maybe Kyles house was being robbed, and rene happened to be there, and then the shootings happen, but kyle finds him and drags him back. Almost the same thing, but of course, you do you man. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 11, 2016
Last Updated on August 11, 2016
Tags: Brave, life, journey, love

Author

loveless
loveless

CA



About
When the war of beasts Brings about the world's end The goddess descends from the sky Wings of light and dark spread afar She guides us to bliss Her gift everlasting more..

Writing
The Brave The Brave

A Story by loveless