~ New Friend(s?) ~ [chapter 3]

~ New Friend(s?) ~ [chapter 3]

A Chapter by lovely haerts

~ New Friend(s?) ~ [chapter 3]

            The first time I had a vision was also my first day of high school. Who knows. Maybe it was the damn building itself that triggered them. That school was ancient and I was super excited. -___- more like racked with nerves. As my middle school teachers liked to say, this was the day we entered the ‘real world.’ Oh how right they were. S**t got real. At least for me it did. Of course it being me I expected the worst. And the worst is what I got.

            One second I was settling into my seat ready to ignore the class syllabus the next I’m crouching down in an ally. I looked down at my greasy hands and smelled gasoline. Where the hell was I? what happened to all the other freshman that had surrounded me a moment ago? I stated to panic as I thought of how hard it would be to find my way out of a dangerous place like this. Not to mention I had planned on asking the office for working papers. I would probably be kicked out for cutting on the first f****n’ day. I didn’t even last a period. They would never believe that I’d just magically transported into a dark ally. If I even tried to explain they would probably throw me into the nearest loony bin.

            “S**t, s**t, s**t!” I mentally cussed. I was scared but I wasn’t dumb enough to yell and cuss in a frekin’ ally. There was a sudden shuffling noise and as if on cue my hands reached behind me and pulled out a gun on their own accord. The shuffling got louder and my right hand pulled out a silencer from my pocket. As I watched my hands snap it on with a soft click I realized these were not the actions of an amateur and I had no control of this body and what it might do. At that thought I became aware that this body was not that of a gangly teenager but of a ripped man. I was suddenly aware of every taunt muscle. I started to move closer to the shuffling sound and saw that I was walking forward still in the crouching position. I was holding the gun with both hands and straining to hear past the shuffling. That’s when I noticed the matches and bottle of gasoline hidden behind a dirty box. Was I about to witness a murder? Or is it an assassination? A man popped up in front of me and with the fastest reflex I had ever seen I shot him. As the gun shot echoed around me I heard someone call my name clearly but from miles away. I felt myself straighten up in my seat as I watched myself finish off the job and burn the body.

            “Ryan Mactine?” I blinked several times and looked around kicking the kid in the chair before me’s heel. He turned and gave me a strange look.

            “Sorry,” I muttered raising my hand in response to the teachers attendance taking. He shrugged, nodded, grinned and turned back around.

            “Rosalie Munnie? Check. Ryan Nikolie?” surprisingly the boy I’d kicked raised his hand. “Check. Renee Nyle? Check.”  The teacher continued.

“Mactine, huh?” Ryan turned to me with an amused look. I grimaced as I thought of my father. He gave me a piercing look noticing my reaction. He didn’t skip a beat. “I’m to be called Nikolie. It’ll be fun teaching people to pronounce it, huh?” he laughed changing the subject. I laughed along glad he would do something like that for me. I guess I was making a friend. I had the sudden urge to tell him about my vision. Just at that moment the bell rang. I guess the universe didn’t approve of my urge. “whachya got next?” he said getting up. Wow, the vision had burned through the double period like a candle. I shuddered thinking about it and pulled out my schedule.

“Bio. You?” I watched in amusement as he panicked trying to find his schedule. “Dude! On the first day?” I was incredulous. “7th period lunch? I asked getting ready to go.” He nodded and ran out of the class as other students filed in.

“Bye Ry!” he called over his shoulder. I made my way slowly to the stairway as I studied my schedule. I heard a commotion as I entered and paused not wanting to interrupt.

“What do you mean ‘you lost it’?” a girl shrieked. “I only printed you one copy! You better become responsible real soon or so help me god I will let you rot until you learn to take care of yourself!” she stopped to take a breath. “I think I remember what you had.” She started ticking off classes and their classrooms on her fingers. She looked at her watch. A big purple G-Shock and gasped. “I’m soooo late,” she groaned. “Give me a pen!” I turned my attention to the poor kid scrambling to find a pen from his bag and pouring out the contents in the process. He pulled out a pen and held it up like a winning trophy. She glared and snatched the pen scribbling down the things she had recited moments ago. I took in her carefully assembled outfit. She wore a purple summer dress with white polka dots and white leggings underneath. She toped it off with a white bow in her black pin straight hair and sparkly purple flats.

“ouch!” the boy whined, his back to me. “Not so hard Mel!” What could ‘Mel’ be short for?

“Don’t even start with me Ryan!” Ryan? I tuned out the rest of her sentence as I put my full focus on the boy. How likely would it be that another Ryan also lost his schedule after the first one? Not much of a coincidence possible. I looked down at his shoes and saw the scuff mark from where I’d kicked him. S**t! That was Ryan the whole time? And that pretty girl is his sister? I slipped down the steps quietly and climbed back up being noisy about it. They both froze turning towards me and I smirked. That is until I tripped on the last step and ran right into her. I cussed under my breath and helped her up.

“S**t! Are you ok? I didn’t mean to ruin your pretty dress. I’m so sorry.” I am such an idiot! “Nice watch by the way.” She smiled at me as she continued to brush of her dress.

“Thanks. I get that a lot.” She looked at her watch and looked over my shoulder. “Ryan gave it to me.” He was studying me.

“Lost Ryan?” he asked, not taking his eyes off me. “or are you stalking me, Ry?” He teased. I turned around and faced him scowling.

“You know each other?” Mel interrupted. Gaze flickering from one Ryan to the next. We both nodded.

“Mel, meet my friend Ryan. Ry meet my sister Melanie.” He said emphasized on the words ‘friend’ and ‘sister’. I raised both my hands in mock surrender and grinned as Melanie glared at us both. She turned back to me.

“So, you’re Ryan too, huh?” she asked.

“Yep!” I answered popping the ‘p’.

“And you’re a freshman? I haven’t seen you around here before. I nodded.

“Yea. You’ve been here before? Does that mean that you’re a sophomore?” I raised my eyebrows impressed when she nodded. We turned to Ryan when he cleared his throat loudly.

“I thought you said you were late.” He gave us flat looks. She shrugged and looked at her watch at the same time as Ryan looked at his. He was also wearing a big G-Shock but his was grey with a red light button. I was super jealous. I could never waste money on luxurious things like that when we had medical bills to pay for two. They both cussed at the same time looked up at each other and laughed. My own cuss was drowned out by the bell as I realized I’d skipped bio. I noticed Ryan had also had bio because of what was written on his arm. Imagine the look on the teacher’s face when they realized both Ryans were cutting.

“I got Spanish 1 now. You?” I asked both of them Melanie nodded and I gave her a confused look.

“Math,” Ryan blurted out looking at his arm and trying to read upside down. I turned my confused look his way. “husta laugo, Ry. See you two at lunch. Have fun failing Spanish again, sis!” and with that he ran out of the stairwell. I grinned at Melanie. We had a class together! Yes!

“Bamanos, Sonorita! After you,” I said holding the door for her. She quickly mumbled a thank you and started mumbling something about already being fluent in two languages. I laughed. Somebody wasn’t too happy to be taking this class again.



© 2012 lovely haerts


Author's Note

lovely haerts
please comment!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
Added on September 6, 2012
Last Updated on September 6, 2012


Author

lovely haerts
lovely haerts

New York, NY



About
I love purple. I love to read and listen to music. I love reading. I am an amateur writer. This is my first time experimenting with writing. I really appreciate feed back, no matter what it is. .. more..

Writing