One.

One.

A Chapter by Jan
"

First chapter!!

"

"Alright, I want you to think of things that make you happy, and incorporate them into a painting. I want a sketch by tomorrow, the final piece is due next Tuesday. As always, art supplies are available in the back of the room. Class dismissed."

The class stood up simultaneously and went to the back of the old art room to gather their art supplies. One student in particular already had a couple of ideas for her painting in mind. Michelle quickly scanned the variety of hues as she thought meticulously about her idea. Once she had everything she needed, she stuffed everything in her bag and rushed out of the room, making her way to the library to meet her best friend, Peter Dayes.

"Took you long enough," the chocolate haired boy said, shutting the book he had been writing in.

"Sorry, you know I was getting my art supplies," the green-eyed girl replied sitting across from her best friend. "What were you writing about?"

Peter shrugged as he fiddled with his black pen. "Life."

Michelle nodded grabbing the boy's coffee cup and taking a sip of the warm liquid. "Tell me more."

Peter bit his lip hesitantly and shrugged as he looked down at his brown, leather journal. "It's nothing, Michi."

The girl rolled her eyes. "I'm going outside to smoke. Stay here, okay?"

The brown eyed boy watched as his best friend gathered her things. "You know I hate it when you smoke. It's not good for you."

Michelle nodded and pursed her red lips and continued to make her way out of the library. Once she stepped out onto the sidewalk, she immediately shuddered from the coolness of the autumn air. She was clad in a gray top and black leggings, her black, wavy hair pinned into a bun. She cursed herself for leaving her favorite leather jacket at home as she reached for her pack of cigarettes in her backpack. She held one cigarette between her fingers and puffed out small circles of smoke.

"Is that who I think it is?" a familiar voice said.

"Michelle? Michelle Jordan?" said another voice.

Michelle turned her head to meet two of her old friends, Mike and Bea. She smiled at the pair of siblings before inhaling her cigarette again.

"Hey, guys. How have you been?"

"The real question is how have you been?" Bea said standing next to Michelle. "I still can't believe you're in college."

The girl nodded. "It's not as bad as you guys think. I'm already halfway done with my course."

"Are you still hanging out with that boy? Dayes?" Mike asked running his fingers through his brown hair.

"Yeah," the green-eyed girl said silently. "Why do you ask?"

"Just wondering. It's so uncommon for a girl like you to be friends with a guy like him," replied Mike as he paced back and forth.

Michelle didn't have to ask what he meant. She knew very well that she and Peter were almost complete opposites. But, that was also what made her love him even more.

"Did you hear about that party at the clubhouse on Saturday?" the small girl asked flicking her bangs away from her face. "It's supposed to be super fun. Mike and I are going."

"Guys," the green-eyed girl scoffed, "You know I don't party like that anymore."

"Come on, Jordan, It's just one party. You can even bring that Peter kid if you want to."

"Peter doesn't like parties," she said sternly. However, she realized how hard she had been working for the last couple of months. She really needed a break. What better way to reward herself than a party?

"What time does it start?"

"11:30," Bea smiled. "Mike and I are going to get there at 11 so we don't have to wait for the line."

Michelle nodded. "I'll think about it."

"That's our girl," Mike smiled patting her shoulder.

"See you around, Jordan."



© 2017 Jan


Author's Note

Jan
my wattpad:
https://www.wattpad.com/user/-loveonly-

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

96 Views
Added on February 2, 2017
Last Updated on February 2, 2017
Tags: treatyoubetter, writing, fiction, wattpad, fanfiction, shawnmendes, laurenjauregui, justin bieber


Author

Jan
Jan

About
turning words into something greater. more..

Writing