Chapter3: Words of War

Chapter3: Words of War

A Chapter by Leo1985
"

As gas and food prices go sky high, the president makes a huge announcement that could change everything.

"
As of now we only have two weeks worth of food, maybe a month if we really ration, which we will most likely have to do because there is now a food shortage. According to the news sources, oil prices have sky rocketed, and now regular unleaded gas is at $10.00 a gallon. Because of this, food prices have tripled, and the trucks that ship the food into the super markets don't make deliveries nearly as often as they did. And since the food prices are so high people can't afford to buy nearly as much food as they used to, which has made Top Ramen, America's new favorite meal. If there's one silver lining to all this, it's that America's obesity rate will likely plummet. So there is that.
Also today, the President addressed the nation. I will read the transcript of what he said.
"My fellow Americans, our nation has been rocked by the worst crisis since The Great Depression. But this time it wasn't the excesses of Wall Street put us in this position, but rather a group of rogue countries seeking to bring about the downfall of our great nation by economic means. By their actions, they have severed any goodwill we may have had towards them. But this heinous act will not be met with weakness by us. It shall be met with strength.
As the global economy has been attacked, I have given the nations responsible the opportunity to reverse their actions. If they fail to do so, then I will be forced to take strong action, leaving nothing, and I repeat, nothing off the table.
Whatever happens, I continue to have faith in our country, and I am confident that we will meet any challenge. May God bless you, and God bless America. Thank you."
Geez, that doesn't sound good. This whole thing is one big clusterfuck. I really don't blame Russia, China, and the other Arab countries for what their doing. We've been bullying the world for quite a while. We started with the Native Americans, and ended with the Arabs. But let's not forget Vietnam and of course all the revolutions we've fomented over the years. When I say we, I don't mean the average American Joe or Jane. Most of Americans are oblivious to all this stuff. But whatever America has done, has benefitted us to some degree, however small. Who it's really benefitted are all the wealthy b******s on Wallstreet and the military industrial complex.
But it looks like the chickens may be coming home to roost. Either that, or perhaps nuclear war. It's anybody's guess. I remember my dad told me once, if the Russians ever launched nukes against us, he wanted to be right in the blast zone. I never felt that way. I think I'd try to survive.


© 2017 Leo1985


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

60 Views
Added on June 11, 2017
Last Updated on June 11, 2017
Tags: Riot Police, gas, oil, food shortage, war, Russia