Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Lucas G da Silva

I was born on the fifteenth of May, for my first birthday I was given all of the money from my parents' vault since they had died that year. I was taken to an orphanage on the outside of town where, 9 years later, I would find myself adopted by the Gattino family, a family that migrated from Italy and moved to England. They didn't know well how to care for me, nor could they afford the food I needed to survive, so they kicked me out. Left me out on the streets to starve to death, luckily, I came across a Cheshire cat, who would be my company until I am found by Jacob Warner, the teller of the national bank. He notices me in an instance and takes me to the bank where I see all of the money that was promised to me on my first birthday. He advised that I keep the money in the account for security purposes. However, he and his wife took the Cheshire cat and I in as there own. They raised me to be an elegant young man, however, I knew there was more to life than just galas and public speakings. So, I sewed myself a grey mask with blue stripes showing only my eyes and mouth. I also sewed a one piece uniform coloured the same as the mask. And from that day forward, I was known as "Cheshire".



© 2016 Lucas G da Silva


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Good story! It's got some interesting ideas. However, it seems a little abrupt in parts, switching ideas, and points too fast. "Left me out the streets to starve to death, luckily, I came across a Cheshire cat, who would be my company until I am found by Jacob Warner" Explain some stuff a little, don't rush because it's a prologue. Other than that, it's got potential for a good book!

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
1 Review
Added on November 23, 2016
Last Updated on November 23, 2016