Strange Lesson

Strange Lesson

A Poem by luciddreamer

I never know what to do.  Even some of the most simpliest of problems, I can't solve, at times, and in general I hate frikking life.    On the other hand;  I feel  through music, art, pleasure, fun, and sharing open, true thoughts exhillirating and at these moments I am so truly grateful to be alive.  There has been a battle waged for my mind since my birth and probably before;  I've been around before.

 

Examples of my should of listened to my intuition ranges from simple arguments to if I had missed work that day I also would of missed the rape.  This is a fact that cannot be ignored.  One of my other "beings", an emotion, reminds me that I also don't know what would of happened if I had listened to my intuition.  I have always been slammed with that logic.  I have always known that men are much greater in their heads than in their beds.  Now I laugh, as I give this creature, my mind, more and more to do via learning history, science, and math, while I start to record the lessons of my youth.

© 2011 luciddreamer


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hi, Robin!
I was just stopping by to see what´s happening.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Winds blow, change direction leaves scatter this way and that, an old man slips on the damp leaf, falls and dies? Is that fate, or just circumstance? For me its just being in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Enjoyed your thought process.

Oh and I'm about as big in my head as I am in bed, I just don't brag ;0)


Honest

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
OT
ah I do this too - sit there and consider the what ifs - 'tis enough to drive someone mad - but it is an inescapable part of our nature - but then I consider what if there is no what if and that other option wasn't actually an option - end up just confusing myself even more haha but logically it soothes in some senses, if X didn't happen would Y have? would it be worth losing Y to fix X etc. etc. - discourses over - this is what pieces like this do to us all!! haha nice!

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
As I dont believe in coincidence and that choices are the roads that we travel..this makes perfect sense to me..that listening to your heart/soul will always bring an outcome better than our heads..for our hearts are closer to the spirit and therefore a higher reflection of thought..I am waffling..anyway..I understand you perfectly..

Posted 13 Years Ago


I still do that to myself also~ if I had gone left instead of right or thought with mind instead of heart~if only I had the wisdom then I have accumulated up to now~ and then I realize the reason I have the wisdom is because I went right and made decisions with heart~ it's a pill~ a bitter pill I know~ and so we sit here today accumulating all the puzzle pieces of life~attempting to assemble them into some sort of coherence to glean some sense from it all~
in other words~ I know exactly how you are feeling inside of this poetic letter to self~


by the way, this

men are much greater in their heads than in their beds

made me grin despite myself ;)~

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

239 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 11, 2011
Last Updated on March 11, 2011

Author

luciddreamer
luciddreamer

Carrollton, GA



About
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win....Gandhi more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Scratch Scratch

A Poem by Robin