Him

Him

A Story by Theia ⊙

He was the closest I've been to God. He came around promising an eternity of bliss and love in exchange for a lifetime of blind conformity. I was just a lost soul that was looking for a purpose in life and he offered me security like no other could. How could I refuse? All I had to do was stay under his thumb, following his rules and restraining from mundane sin. If I didn't do as he told, he'd find a way to hurt me as punishment and tell me he loved me. As time passed me by, so did life. Where was I heading? Was the bland path I was leading worth it? If I chose to follow him, this being what seemed best for me, it was because of self-care. But if I loved and did for him more than what I loved and did for myself, what was the point of this sick paradox? Forever started to become questionable and suddenly all security disappeared. And then the blinds came off.

© 2014 Theia ⊙


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

62 Views
Added on June 19, 2014
Last Updated on June 19, 2014

Author

Theia ⊙
Theia ⊙

Puerto Rico



About
All that composes reality is incessantly ebbing and flowing as if existence depended on it. You'll find me sharing humanity's urge to express and record, trying to prolong thoughts and moments in this.. more..

Writing