The Accident

The Accident

A Chapter by Tacie

 Tendu 4th deviant, and close first.  Raise leg with Fondu.  Pointe Tendu.  Close First.  Repeat.

Zayaa Wilford did exactly as her ballet tapes said, but still wasn’t focused as she usually was.  The calming music playing in the background, or the cold air of the ‘backyard’ of her apartment building didn’t help as they usually did.  Most of the time, she preferred working in the frigid outdoors, but now, it just chilled her to the core.

She had been practicing for her ballet performance taking place later that night, and was about ready to call it a day.  Nothing was getting done, and she needed to clean inside anyways.  She bent over, touching the ground, the yellow, still frozen grass, then went into Pointe one last time.

            “Percy!  Stop!”  It was too late by the time Zayaa could move out of the way of the huge brown and white spotted St. Bernard barreling straight for her.  It’s owner was barely hanging onto the leash, and the dog seemed to be running him, rather than the owner walking the dog.

            The dog smacked into Zayaa, sending her tumbling, and the owner finally let go of the leash.  Suddenly a sharp pain rushed into her thoughts, controlling them, and refusing to leave.  Her ankle throbbed, and Zayaa bent over on the ground to grab it.

            Right then, the owner of the dog was in her face, begging her forgiveness.

            “Zayaa!  Please, oh my gosh!  Are you okay?  I’m so sorry!”  She came out of her pain for a minute to see Frederick, her personal stalker in her very large personal bubble.



© 2009 Tacie


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

94 Views
Added on April 19, 2009


Author

Tacie
Tacie

Writing
Taking Chances Taking Chances

A Book by Tacie