Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by lunaacreates
"

When the world has come to an end, how do you go on? Following a devastating tragedy comes heartbreak, adventure, and drama for a confused Elina.

"

Flashback- Over a year ago

Textbooks sprawled across the table, all the surroundings lost around me, only a faint scent of coffee remained, as I indulged the ‘excitement’ that came from the thin weary pages, holding the answers to my success.

A deep voice startled me right back into the crowded coffee shop, I spun around to see a face, one that I couldn’t quite put my finger on.

With a puzzled look on my face, and a questionably excited one on his, the expression seemed to also be waiting for my memory to serve up the name that went to his face.

Embarrassingly I question, “Umm, do I know you from somewhere?”

The answer I was expecting drizzled from his mouth in an excited manner, “Yeah, just last night!”

Oh no.

I regret last night, I must have done something stupid to not remember a thing, I should not have gone out.

Internally beating myself up, as he yet again sits eagerly for my memory.

“I am so sorry for anything that happened last night, I have to say I don’t remember you, or anything else.”

When I say this, his face does not display a hint of disappointment, or surprise, just the same exhilarated expression, almost as if he is stuck on pause.

“Sorry for asking but can you tell me what happened last night?” He responds with, “Of course!”

I sit intently listening to the long account of the night’s before events. As I listen I begin to study his face, as he speaks, he seems to light up even more with every word, if that was even possible.

His jawline was astoundingly defined, hair done in the most beautiful way, yet still a little messy, flawless skin that glistened, and eyes a soul-piercing that contain layers begging to tell a story.

This man was immaculately handsome, so why is he here, talking to me?

I tell myself that he must enjoy my presence.

Why would he be delighted in my company though? All I am is a huge mess, nothing intriguing.

However as he nears the end of his story-telling, I discover myself relishing in his company. It was much better than my usual studies alone.

He hands me a tiny paper, “I have to get to work, but here is my number and have a good study session.” He gives me a warm smile, which places one on my face as well.

As he gets up I quickly realize I don’t even know his name! Wait, did he already tell me?! Flustered, I blurt out, “Wait, what is your name?!”

His answer is short, “You will remember it, for now just put me in your phone as 'Random guy from coffee shop'” He swiftly exits the coffee shop, as I sit there fascinated by him and wanting more.


I shudder at the now distant memory, and the frigid air that nips at my body. Walking through all the destruction, I am surveying the area for anything that could cut me, or for literally anyone else.


One thought continuously haunts me though, what if I really am the only survivor? I will eventually die, so will the Earth become a barren wasteland?

The idea of being lonely tortures me, I was alone for quite a while. When I found him we were always together, completely shifting my lifestyle, and I used to believe I would never experience the same empty emotions again.

However life is cruel, as I am forced to go through the pangs of loneliness.

It is just how my life seems to go, I find someone then they leave.

Distracted, my leg brushes against something sharp, I don’t realize at first, because well… it doesn’t hurt.

Or at least it doesn’t hurt as bad as the thought of losing everyone. 

I feel something slowly cascading down my leg to the ground, I look down and wince as I see a massive cut oozing blood. “Shoot, now am I out here all alone, bleeding out with no medical care.” I exclaim exasperated.

This has got to be the worst day of my life. I once thought the same on multiple other accounts, but this definitely tops it all.

I may as well just sit here and bleed out.

I look around for something to put pressure on the wound, but honestly I don’t know why I’m looking, I can’t put a rock on a cut wound.

Seeing as my shirt already has a few holes I use that instead, there isn’t anyone around either. I sit down on a rock that seems to have not much glass of debris on it, and slowly slip the shirt off. My arms sore and bruised, and cautiously wrap it around my leg.

A feeling of lightheadedness comes on. Between the blood loss, walking around for hours, and sadness made me exhausted, so I slowly drift off. Not knowing if I will wake up.



© 2020 lunaacreates


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

18 Views
Added on November 4, 2020
Last Updated on November 4, 2020
Tags: romance, sci-fi, drama, comedy, heartbreak, futuristic, apocalyptic, end of the world, hear wrenching, aliens


Author

lunaacreates
lunaacreates

WA



About
Just here to write out some ideas I have had for a while! more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by lunaacreates