Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
4~ Too Perfect

4~ Too Perfect

A Chapter by Lunar Lightning

     The bus rounded the corner, the sound of it slicing through the cold, silent Washington morning. Michael couldn’t help but smile a bit, the thought of seeing his ex with her rebound, which she had made a point to parade around him, was quite amusing. As the bus pulled up his mind was lost in the memory of the night prior to the last, his ex pouting subtly when he didn’t seem to be phased by her new boyfriend, the girls swarming, happy to find that he is single once again. All of those thoughts, though, seemed vanish the second he took his seat in the front, right side of the bus. Sitting across the isle from him was a new girl; an attractive new girl. Suddenly his mind was preoccupied imagining how this new girl would be, looking her up and down from the corner of his eye, trying to make out her personality as best he could. Every new girl in the past had been very open with their immediate, lust driven infatuation with him, like most girls in Sumner, and he didn’t expect any less from the girl sitting across from him. Yet, something about her, the way she didn’t even lift her eyes from the book in her lap when he walked onto the bus, was unsettling. She was in black stilettos, dark blue skinny jeans, a black and dark purple striped, long sleeved, low cut top, her hair was extremely straight and so black it seemed to be blue in the newly shining sunlight, and her bag was what seemed to be a messenger bag, black and grey. He couldn’t take his eyes off of her.

     The next thing he knew they were at school and she had noticed his staring, yet it didn’t seem to affect her. No blushing, no fighting a smile, no flicking away of the eyes, nothing. This girl was something entirely new, and he had to figure out what exactly made her so new. He let her off of the bus first, following close behind as though that was the rout he was planning to take, he stopped at a group of girls as they motioned for him to come and give them all a hug, but he made sure not to lose sight of the intriguing new girl; hugging the group one by one quickly, then continuing his pursuit. She had ducked into the attendance office, and as he passed, he was called to the desk by Mrs. Rite, the woman who sat there every day, smile on her face, ready to help the students that required her assistance, though it was only with admit slips, excused tardiness, and the occasional new kids.

     “Is there a problem?” Michael kept his cool, no longer looking at the new girl, keeping his voice velvet smooth.

     “No, but I was hoping you could do me a favor,” Mrs. Rite smiled sweetly at him, but he could see the words hidden in that smile. He owed her a favor, more than just one, and she was asking for a favor that would even the debt.

     “Naturally, Mrs. Kite, I’d be honored. What’s the favor?”

     “Well, we have a new student, I believe she ended up with a similar schedule as yours, so I was hoping you could show her around, make her feel comfortable here, and perhaps allow her to share your locker? All of the other lockers are inhabited. All right?” He flashed a look that said “More like you’re doing ME the favor.”

     “I’d be glad to,” he motioned for the girl to come with him, and she did, still not talking, yet she didn’t look shy, just not interested. No girl had ever seemed uninterested while he was around before. “So, where did you come from?”

     Alaska.” She said, her voice sounded like music for some reason, and it was oddly enticing.

     Alaska, huh… Guess you downgraded.” He chuckled deeply in his throat, the way he new girls love, hoping for a reaction, but as he scanned her face it revealed nothing; still.

     “At least here I can count on the sun going down every night,” She said, looking out of the glass doors outside the Performing Arts Center, as they walked passed and towards the band hallway.

     “Heh, that’s true. Must be hell trying to sleep when the suns out day and night, for the summer at least.”

      “That’s why you buy blackout curtains, then again, those curtains might block out a little too much sun.” She held up her hand, showing him the back, which seemed to be marble-like and pale, yet as fragile and thin as ceran wrap. Again he chuckled and they walked in silence. She had fallen behind him a bit, and as he looked back to check on her he saw the eyes of the other high school boys who clearly have an interest in this new girl.

     “Well, this is our locker,” he wrote on a sticky note and handed it to her,” and that’s the combination, though I doubt you’ll need it, since our schedules are the same I’ll be with you when you come to the locker anyway.” He quickly moved the black dial on the middle left of the small locker and lifted the little metal piece to open it with what seemed to be one smooth motion. He had been watching her from the corner of his eye since she had fallen a bit behind, and her disinterest was starting to make him want her attention more.

     “Don’t feel obligated; I’m perfectly capable of finding my own way around.” She rested one hand on the locker and it seemed she was about to close it, but she just let her hand fall to her side gracefully. With that she walked away, not bothering to empty her backpack into the locker or say goodbye. As he closed the locker and watched her disappear in the crowd of people, taller than her despite her high heels, he saw why she’d rested her hand on the locker; she had left the sticky note with the locker combination stuck to the locker. What’s with her? There’s no way a girl knows how to play this game. Michael thought to himself before retreating to his usual group of friends behind the school.

     As he approached Alice’s lips twitched into her awkward-looking smirk. She strutted over to him, wrapping her arms around his neck, and he hugged her back, though not without hesitation. Alice was tall, and thin with dark brown hair and a perfect, natural tan, she was the exact kind of girl that all other girls’ envy. Her looks were her only good quality.

     “So when are you going to just give in and admit you’re completely and totally in love with me?” She pouted, her green-brown eyes staring up into his chocolate-brown ones.

     “Well, when I get over how stuck up you are, I’ll consider it.” He pried her arms off of him and took his place in the large crowd of stoners, skaters, Goths, and generally intimidating teenagers. Michael always looked out of place among his friends, them in chains and tight T-shirts, him in a black suit, jacket unbuttoned, white button up shirt, and nice shoes. It was his usual outfit, and they had learned to get over it; though mainly because no one looked as bad a*s in a suit than Michael Wolfe; which is exactly what it took to hang out with these should-be-misfits. Even the girls were scary looking; chains, pants either too small or too big, cut off gloves with spikes, chokers, combat boots, and even colored contacts to add to the creepy affect. Yet somehow these girls managed to make it look hot, just like the boys managed to make eyeliner attractive on themselves. Somehow the one that stuck out was so obviously the one in charge, though. What Michael says goes, that’s the way it had been since sixth grade, and that’s the way it had stayed.

     “Running a little late today?” A short boy with a tall Mohawk said a bit teasingly.

     “I had to do the new girl a favor,” Michael replied with a suggestive smirk. “She didn’t seem to want my help though.”

     “Then I don’t know what she was thinking, help from the hottest guy in school on the first day? Why pass it up?” A short, bigger girl with jet black hair and neon pink streaks said from her place on the fence.

     “She must be a lesbian; maybe I should go give it a shot.” Mia had a big grin on her face; she was the only lesbian in school, though there seemed to be a million bisexuals. Something about Sumner seemed to encourage playing for both teams. “What do you think little sister?”

     “I think it’s just that she is new, remember when you were new? You didn’t even talk to me much.” She nodded her head like a child, her dark blue pig tails bouncing about her shoulders.

     “I don’t think she’s shy Michelle, something about her says she knows what she’s doing…” As Michael said this he started spacing off, once again trying to figure out this new girl. Shane clapped in his face and snapped him out of it right as the bell rang for classes to begin.



© 2010 Lunar Lightning


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's good. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


:) oh yeah

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 19, 2010
Last Updated on May 19, 2010


Author

Lunar Lightning
Lunar Lightning

Boney Lake, WA



About
My name is Antonia Gabrielle Jones, I am 16, and I am a million contradictions, all wrapped up in one human being. I am an optomistic pessimist, outgoing shy girl, violent passivist, bluntly honest pe.. more..

Writing