The Ugly Duckling Embraces her inner swan

The Ugly Duckling Embraces her inner swan

A Chapter by Mackenzie Brooke
"

Mackenzie's view

"

 

About 2 weeks ago my dear friend Sammi had convinced me to model for Hot Topic’s new dress line. How she did it I have no clue (probably because I’m a huge pushover but that’s besides the point.)Sammi and I left the welcoming friendly paradise that is our condo and drove to the evil spine breaking hell that is the set.

 

I walked into hair and makeup ( wow never thought I’d say that) and had a group of gay men tease my hair and pluck my eyebrows until I looked “ fabulous darling simply fabulous”. Then a woman showed me to a room and told me to get dressed. I picked up the dress that was lying on the table with a piece of paper that said Mackenzie on it in bold black letters.

 

It’s stunning to say the least. It’s a strapless white dress with beautiful black lace covering it. It is about 4 in. short of my knees and just covers my chest. Then I put on the leather jacket and black lace up boots (which I actually had bought the exact same jacket and boots at Hot Topic last month.)

 

I walked out of the dressing room and the same woman walked me over to a set that looked like a New York Punk Rock club (so cool).

 

I stood in front of all the lights equipment and various people and was still until Sammi came in with a camera.

 

The second before we began every fear and every bad thought

entered my mind. What if I fall? What if I can’t pose right? What if I’m not pretty enough? What if something falls and hits my head?

“Okay Mackenzie were going to start now.” Sammi yelled at me.

“Okay” I mumbled.

I did my best to mimic the pose Sammi taught me last and as I did them I heard lot’s of Beautifuls and Excellents so I’m hopping I did well.

“ Okay Mackenzie were done.” I heard Sammi say as she stood up and ran over to give me hug.

“You were so good.”

“Really” I said.

“Yes I told you’d be great.”

“Thanks Sammi”

“You wanna see the pictures?”

“Yes” I said excited

Sammi walked me over to a large computer screen and showed me the pictures.

“Wow! Mackenzie you look so gorgeous” Sammi said pleased with her work.

I stared at the photo and didn’t see myself. Instead I saw this graceful creature full of beauty. It’s impossible to believe it’s me.

 



© 2012 Mackenzie Brooke


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

See! Just having a good image of yourself can make life all the more easier.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
1 Review
Added on January 28, 2012
Last Updated on January 28, 2012


Author

Mackenzie Brooke
Mackenzie Brooke

wonderland



About
Hello I'm Mackenzie (not my real name) and writing is my life. I love to write more then anything. I will never stop writing till the day I die. I went through a very dark period of my life were it wa.. more..

Writing